Sweet orange and floral thyme, give this Gin and Tonic a beautiful fruity freshness. Perfect for a September night. Try this with a Plymouth gin to accentuate the slight sweetness and earthy flavour.
Friday afternoon again and time for our weekly G&T.
Facebook fans have spoken and this week I have an Orange and Thyme Gin and Tonic for you. I do so love testing two G&T’s out on a Thursday 😀
Thyme is a fabulous flavour to add to gin, it brings out all the floral notes. Try to get super fresh thyme so the leaves don’t crumble into your G&T. If you only have dried thyme you can still give this a try but don’t skip the straining stage, as dried thyme can be a bit woody.
I don’t like too much orange flavour so I give the gin a shake with a strip of orange zest and then garnish with a second strip. if you like more orange than add a thick orange wedge to your glass.
Make sure when you cut off the zest you do it over the glass, the oils that spray off will lightly coat the glass and give the G&T a loves zest.
Come play on Pinterest.
Also find me on:
Let’s share the food love and make the world a tastier place 🙂
For other unusual and different gin and tonic ideas check out my Gin and Tonic Recipe collection. It is a G&T lovers heaven!
Orange and Thyme Gin and Tonic
- 1/2 cup gin
- 4 sprigs of fresh thyme see notes
- 1 orange
- 1 cup ice
- 1 1/3 cups tonic water
- Pour the gin, ice, a long strip of orange zest and 2 of the thyme sprigs into a cocktail shaker or jug.
- Shake or muddle the the gin to release the oils from the orange and thyme.
- Strain the infused gin into round bottom glasses.
- Top up with chilled tonic water and add a new strip of zest and fresh thyme sprig.