For a quick and easy party dip, try this posh party hummus. It take the classic dip and tops it with fresh pomegranate, pistachio and parsley, then drizzles it with extra virgin olive oil and sumac. Beautiful and packed with flavor.
Plus follow my top tips for perking up store bought hummus.
For this loaded party hummus, you can make your own or buy a large store bought pot.
How to perk up store bought hummus
Store bought hummus is often so thick and stiff. It lacks the soft almost fluffy texture of homemade. But Sometimes you just need the convenience.
That is where this top tip comes in.
Whisk two tablespoons of greek yoghurt into your hummus. It will lighten the texture, mellow the harsh flavors and give you a much more enjoyable dip.
If you are looking for more dip ideas, why not try my black bean dip, it is so flavorful plus vegan and gluten free!
Why not pin this recipe for Posh Party Hummus with Pomegranate and Pistachio for later. Pin it here
Posh Party Hummus with Pomegranate and Pistachio
- 2 cups hummus see note 1
- 2 tbsp greek yogurt see note 2
- 1/4 cup pomegranate arils
- 2 tbsp shelled pistachios
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp sumac
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- If using store bought hummus, mix the warm water with the hummus and stir well until smooth and creamy.
- Spoon the hummus into a shallow serving bowl and smooth it with the back of a spoon.
- Sprinkle over the pomegranate arils.
- Chop the pistachios and sprinkle them over the hummus.
- Drizzle with the extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle over the sumac and chopped parsley.
- You can use store bought hummus or make your own. This is my favourite recipe for hummus from Kate over at Cookie and Kate.
- If you are using store bought you will need the greek yogurt. If you are making your own then you won't need the greek yogurt.
If you love food why not subscribe to my newsletter, I will drop you an email every now and then, just to say hi and send you a couple of recipes I think you might love, like this Posh Party Hummus with Pomegranate and Pistachio.
It isn’t everyday! I am not that organised. Usually it is once a week (ish). And as a thank you I will send you my soup cookbook FREE. Full of my fav soups!
Subscribe today 🙂