This Charred Lime Gin & Tonic with Fresh Cilantro takes the fabulous pairing of gin and lime, boosts it up and then adds to the botanicals with fresh cilantro. It is a delicious and unusual Gin & Tonic, but one definitely worth giving a try.
Oh 'hello Friday' and 'hello Gin and Tonic'!!!
And not just any gin and tonic! This Charred Lime Gin & Tonic with Fresh Cilantro is an unusual G&T. But it works so well.
The sour lime gains a sweet flavour when it is charred in a fry pan. The sweet smoky sour flavour boosts the fresh herbaceous flavours you get in gin.
Then the fresh cilantro just rounds out the slight sweetness and give this G&T a very different but delicious edge.
I shared this G&T along with my Gin and Tonic Muddled with Blueberry, Lime and Mint on my facebook page last Friday. It was a close competition on which would be posted first. The blueberry one just pipped this charred lime G&T to the post, only just mind you!!!
So I am sharing this week and next Thursday on Facebook you can vote for another G&T. I mean it is the weekend best start it with a Gin and Tonic 😉
For more delicious G&T's try these:
- Mango and Black Pepper Gin and Tonic
- Charred Lemon, Rosemary and Coriander Gin & Tonic
- Charred Grapefruit and Basil Gin and Tonic
- Lemon and Basil Gin and Tonic
- Ginger, Star Anise and Orange Gin and Tonic
- Orange and Thyme Gin and Tonic
- Gin and Tonic Muddled with Blueberry, Lime and Mint
- Strawberry and Black Pepper Gin and Tonic
Pin this recipe for Charred Lime G&T.
Pin it here.
Charred Lime Gin & Tonic with Fresh Cilantro
- 1 lime
- ½ cup gin
- 4 long sprigs of fresh cilantro
- 1 cup ice
- 1 ⅓ cups tonic water
- Put a cast iron fry pan or heavy non-stick fry pan over a high heat and leave it to get hot.
- Cut the lime into quarters and place them cut side down in the hot fry pan.
- Once the lime has a good charred turn to char the other side.
- Remove from the lime from the pan and set aside to cool.
- Pour the gin, ice cubes and the 2 of the cilantro sprigs into a cocktail shaker or jug.
- Shake or muddle the cilantro to bruise the leaves and release the flavours.
- Pour the infused gin into tall glasses.
- Add the charred lime slice and top up with chilled tonic water and a second sprig of cilantro.