This Charred Lime Gin & Tonic with Fresh Cilantro takes the fabulous pairing of gin and lime, boosts it up and then adds to the botanicals with fresh cilantro. It is a delicious and unusual Gin & Tonic, but one definitely worth giving a try.
Oh ‘hello Friday’ and ‘hello Gin and Tonic’!!!
And not just any gin and tonic! This Charred Lime Gin & Tonic with Fresh Cilantro is an unusual G&T. But it works so well.
The sour lime gains a sweet flavour when it is charred in a fry pan. The sweet smoky sour flavour boosts the fresh herbaceous flavours you get in gin.
Then the fresh cilantro just rounds out the slight sweetness and give this G&T a very different but delicious edge.
I am loving the light shining through this photo of my Charred Lime Gin & Tonic with Fresh Cilantro.
I shared this G&T along with my Gin and Tonic Muddled with Blueberry, Lime and Mint on my facebook page last Friday. It was a close competition on which would be posted first. The blueberry one just pipped this charred lime G&T to the post, only just mind you!!!
So I am sharing this week and next Thursday on Facebook you can vote for another G&T. I mean it is the weekend best start it with a Gin and Tonic 😉
If you love this recipe for Charred Lime Gin & Tonic with Fresh Cilantro why not pin it for later.
Come play on Pinterest.
I share a lot of food!!!! And quite a lot of other stuff! Come find me today x
Charred Lime Gin & Tonic with Fresh Cilantro
- Put a cast iron fry pan or heavy non-stick fry pan over a high heat and leave it to get hot.
- Cut the lime into quarters and place them cut side down in the hot fry pan.
- Once the lime has a good charred turn to char the other side.
- Remove from the lime from the pan and set aside to cool.
- Pour the gin, ice cubes and the 2 of the cilantro sprigs into a cocktail shaker or jug.
- Shake or muddle the cilantro to bruise the leaves and release the flavours.
- Pour the infused gin into tall glasses.
- Add the charred lime slice and top up with chilled tonic water and a second sprig of cilantro.
If you love food why not subscribe to my newsletter, I will drop you an email every now and then, just to say hi and send you a couple of recipes think you might love, like this Charred Lime Gin & Tonic with Fresh Coriander.
It isn’t everyday! I am not that organised. Usually it is once a week (ish). And as a thank you I will send you my soup cookbook FREE. Full of my fav soups!
Subscribe today 🙂