This Charred Lime Gin & Tonic with Fresh Coriander takes the fabulous pairing of gin and lime, boosts it up and then adds to the botanicals with fresh coriander. It is a delicious and unusual Gin & Tonic, but one definitely worth giving a try.
Oh ‘hello Friday’ and ‘hello Gin and Tonic’!!!
And not just any gin and tonic! This Charred Lime Gin & Tonic with Fresh Coriander is an unusual G&T. But it works so well.
The sour lime gains a sweet flavour when it is charred in a fry pan. The sweet smoky sour flavour boosts the fresh herbaceous flavours you get in gin.
Then the fresh coriander just rounds out the slight sweetness and give this G&T a very different but delicious edge.
I am loving the light shining through this photo of my Charred Lime Gin & Tonic with Fresh Coriander.
I shared this G&T along with my Gin and Tonic Muddled with Blueberry, Lime and Mint on my facebook page last Friday. It was a close competition on which would be posted first. The blueberry one just pipped this charred lime G&T to the post, only just mind you!!!
So I am sharing this week and next Thursday on Facebook you can vote for another G&T. I mean it is the weekend best start it with a Gin and Tonic 😉
Come play on Pinterest.
Also find me on:
Let’s share the food love and make the world a tastier place 🙂
- 1 lime
- 1/2 cup/125 ml /4oz gin
- 4 long sprigs of fresh coriander
- 1 cup ice
- 1 1/3 cups/330 ml /11oz tonic water
- Put a cast iron fry pan or heavy non-stick fry pan over a high heat and leave it to get hot.
- Cut the lime into quarters and place them cut side down in the hot fry pan.
- Once the lime has a good charred turn to char the other side.
- Remove from the lime from the pan and set aside to cool.
Pour the gin, ice cubes and the 2 of the coriander sprigs into a cocktail shaker or jug.
- Shake or muddle the coriander to bruise the leaves and release the flavours.
- Pour the infused gin into tall glasses.
- Add the charred lime slice and top up with chilled tonic water and a second sprig of coriander.