This Black Truffle pasta recipe is a decadent treat for a special date night. The unmistakably earthy rich flavor of black truffle is paired with everything it loves, butter, cheese and perfectly cooked linguine.
This is a delicious and special meal and is sure to impress! Plus it is ready in just 10 minutes with just 5 ingredients!
How to cook with Black Truffles
Black truffles work so well with rich ingredients like butter and cheese, the fat in these ingredients absorbs the truffle flavor and carries it though the whole dish, making a small amount of truffle go further. That is why the Black Truffle Baked Brie is one of the most popular appetizers on my blog!
If you can't get fresh black truffles then try the ones packed in olive oil will work well. There are also several companies that sell flash frozen black truffles.
The recipe calls for grated truffle in the butter, this ensures the black truffle flavor is in the sauce. The sliced truffle on top is a wonderful garnish but a sprinkle of grated truffle would add the extra flavor and color impact without using as much truffle.
The recipe suggest 1 ounce of black truffle, but the amount you use will really depend on the amount you have. Even a small amount of truffle will make this dish amazing. But if you are a big truffle lover then add as much as you like to the butter.
How to make black truffle pasta
Whilst the pasta is cooking make the very quick sauce of butter and black truffle. Reserve a cup of the pasta water, then drain the pasta and add it to the butter sauce along with some of the pasta cooking water.
It is really important to reserve a cup of the pasta cooking water. As there is no cream in this sauce the cooking water emulsifies with the butter to create a luscious and creamy sauce that coats every strand of pasta with the truffle flavor.
The parmesan is then added along with some shaved truffle slices and dinner is served.
Extra Tips for making Black Truffle Pasta
We suggest salted butter as this adds extra seasoning. If you only have unsalted butter, or low salted butter then ensure you season your sauce extremely well with salt to really bring out the earthy flavor of the truffle.
Although a little black pepper can enhance the muskiness of the black truffle, be sparing with it. Too much will over power you truffle.
Serving Suggestion for your Black Truffle Pasta:
Appetizer: Rather than serving a side dish with this we recommend adding a nibble platter to the start of the meal. Plate up some marinated artichokes, olives, burrata/buffalo mozzarella and sun-dried tomatoes.
What wine to serve with Truffle Pasta
For this decadent meal, why not pick a vintage champagne. The aged flavor will enhance the musky truffle. Alternatively a white burgundy has the same affect. If picking something different avoid wines with too much acidity or oaked varieties as they will over power your truffle. A crisp Pinot Gris would be a good all round choice here.
If you prefer red then pick an older Barolo or Burgundy; their spice and dried fruits notes will help the musky truffle flavor to linger in your mouth.
If you love Black truffles then why not check out these other black truffle recipes:
And for more amazing pasta recipes try:
- Shrimp Scallop Pasta
- Bacon Garlic Pasta
- Garlic Butter Pasta with Garlic Chicken
- Shrimp Chorizo Pasta
- Pasta with Chicken Broth and Butter
- Creamy Chicken and Bacon Pasta
- Roasted Cauliflower Pasta with Creamy Garlic Sauce
- Pasta with Roasted Fennel
- Creamy Pepper Steak Pasta
- Pork Stroganoff with Buttered Noodles
- See ALL 80+ Pasta Recipes
5 Ingredient Black Truffle Pasta
- 8 oz pasta
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese
- ½ stick salted butter
- 1 oz fresh black truffle
- fresh parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil, salt it generously (1 tbsp) and then cook the pasta until al dente. (Usually 1 minute less than the packet suggests)
- Meanwhile grate the parmesan and set to one side.
- Add the butter to a heavy based skillet and let it melt over a low heat.
- Once the butter has melted grate in about ¾ of the black truffle.
- Stir well and then remove from the heat.
- Reserve ½ cup of the pasta cooking water and then drain the pasta.
- Stir the pasta into the butter, along with ¼ cup of the reserved water. Stir gently over a low heat until everything is combined. Add more water if it starts to feel sticky.
- Add the parmesan and serve immediately with fresh parsley garnish and more black truffle.
If you love food why not subscribe to my newsletter, I will drop you an email every now and then, just to say hi and send you a couple of recipes I think you might love, like this 5 Ingredient Black Truffle Pasta.
It isn't everyday! I am not that organised. Usually it is once a week (ish). And as a thank you I will send you my soup cookbook FREE. Full of my fav soups!
Subscribe today 🙂
Signup and get my FREE soup cookbook.