This Pasta with Chicken Broth, Butter and Parmesan is pure comfort food! It is a bowl of wonderful, warming, healing amazingness. One spoonful and you know the world is going to start looking brighter. A whole bowl and you feel restored.
There is absolutely nothing healthy about this!!! And that is why I love it! That is why I am sharing it and that is why I cooked it!
I do not feel well! I just want to get back into bed and sleep. Now this is completely and utterly my own fault! I had a glass of wine or 4 with friends last night and now I am feeling very sorry for myself.
I wanted comfort food but I also wanted something that didn’t require much effort in the kitchen.
So I made pasta with loads of butter and salty stock. Man it made me feel better!!! The key to this killing a hangover is the homemade chicken stock. It does just make the world better. If you don’t have any then use the best quality one you can buy in the store. It really does make a difference.
This Pasta with Chicken Broth, Butter and Parmesan is pure comfort food!
This is a traditional Italian dish that usually uses pastina, the small star like pasta shapes. I didn’t have them as to be honest they aren’t my favourite, I like pasta with a little more body to it, so I used these super cute teeny tiny tubes. Risoni/orzo would work well too. I actually planned to use risoni but I realised I used it all up in my Tomato Risoni Salad!!!
Really it works well with any small pasta shape. Don’t be put off by the butter in this, it is warm and comforting and just so good. You can imagine being sat at an Italian kitchen table and getting served big bowls of this by your Italian Nonna!
Come play on Pinterest.
Also find me on:
Let’s share the food love and make the world a tastier place 🙂
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups small pasta shapes - pastina/stelline/orzo
- 60 g (1/2 stick) butter
- 1/4 cup grated Parmigiano cheese
- black pepper
- Salt to taste (you probably won't need any)
- fresh basil (parsley works well too)
- Bring the chicken stock to a boil.
- Add the pasta and stir well
- Turn the heat down to a very gently simmer and cook the pasta as per the packet instructions. Ensure you stir it during the cooking as you are only using a small amount of stock.
- Once the pasta is cooked, remove it from the heat and stir in the butter.
- Use a slotted spoon to divide the pasta between the serving bowls.
- Pour over the chicken stock. (See notes)
- Add the parmesan, plenty of black pepper and garnish with your fresh herbs.
I like plenty of the buttery broth, but Stew prefers only a small amount. Add as much or as little as you like.
If you love food why not subscribe to my newsletter, I will drop you an email every now and then, just to say hi and send you a couple of recipes think you might love, like this Pasta with Chicken Broth, Butter and Parmesan.
It isn’t everyday! I am not that organised. Usually it is once a week (ish). And as a thank you I will send you my soup cookbook FREE. Full of my fav soups!
Subscribe today 🙂