Who doesn't love Peri Peri! This wonderful mix of herbs and spices turns chicken, steak or vegetables into a mouthwatering meal!
With this homemade Peri Peri Seasoning, you can have those delicious flavors at home. The mixture is made up of a few easily available spices. You may well have them all in your pantry already!
This mixture will keep in the pantry or store cupboard for at least 6 months. So you can make a big batch up and use it throughout the coming months! Let's get mixing!
Quickly Jump to:
To make your Peri Peri Seasoning you'll need:
- Onion Powder
- Garlic Powder
- Ground Coriander
- Dried Oregano
- Dried Parsley
- Ground Ginger
- Ground Cardamon
- Smoked Paprika
- Cayenne Pepper
(For a full list of ingredients with measurements see the recipe card below.)
These herbs and spices all mixed together in a jar and you are ready to use! How easy is that?!?!
Is this Peri-peri seasoning spicy?
The level of spice is completely up to you here! You can change the amount of cayenne pepper in the recipe to suit your family's tastes.
I make this quite mild because guaranteed if I serve spicy food my youngest will stick his tongue out and try and cool it in his water glass, which will lead to my eldest saying "It's not spicy, you are just being silly" and before I know it I have feuding brothers on my hands and spilled water. (anyone else's family dinner go that way? Please??)
The recipe uses cayenne pepper to get its spice, traditionally this would have been ground Piri-Piri pepper. I find this much harder to find so I add cayenne as a substitute.
How to use Peri peri seasoning?
This mixture is wonderful rubbed into chicken or steak. Or try sprinkling it over veggies before you roast them. My Peri peri traybake is coming tomorrow!
It also makes a great seasoning for stirring through mayonnaise to make a quick and easy dip for your fries!
For more seasoning blends why not check out:
- The Best Ever Steak Rub
- Homemade Creole Seasoning
- Homemade Simple Chicken Seasoning
- Homemade Old Bay Style Seasoning
- Homemade Cajun Seasoning Blend
- Moroccan Spice Blend
Get the Recipe
Homemade Peri Peri Seasoning
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoon paprika
- 2 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoon ground cardamon
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper - see note 1
- Mix everything together well and store in an airtight jar.
- Depending on how spicy you like your food, you can change the level of cayenne pepper. As the recipe is written it is a mild seasoning. But you can increase the cayenne up to 1 tablespoon if you like it spicy.
Nutrition is per serving