Creamy brie, enhanced with the earthy delicious flavours of black truffle all baked to oozing delicious perfection! Seriously this Baked Black Truffle Stuffed Brie is decadence and heaven on a plate!
Are you on a diet? If so it might be time to turn away! Because this is pure unadulterated cheese indulgence!!! Look at that oozingly delicious brie….don’t you wish you could steal the bread from my hand?
If you read my black truffle stuffed roast chicken post from the other day you’ll know that a while ago I got sent some amazing Manjimup black truffles and that I have been enjoying the decadence of truffle dishes!
Todays recipe is one of my total favourites ever!!! This used to be on the menu at the restaurant as a shared appetiser for 2. But I think you have to really love that other person….it would be too easy to just knock their hand out of the way and eat this all yourself 😉 I promise I didn’t do that!!! Stew had more than his fair share of this one! I am just too nice!!!
Baked brie is one of our family favourites, and I have a great recipe for it, it isn’t on the blog as trying to stop the boys dunking french bread into my garlic, rosemary and white wine baked brie is like trying to keep them quiet! it is pretty much impossible!
I will get it up here one day….perhaps I’ll cook it up for lunch with my girlfriends….they may have slightly more patience…maybe???? but at least I can pacify them with martinis!!!!
So oozing melty brie filled with earthy truffles. Decadent, delicious and super simple. Now if that isn’t a date night dinner delight then I don’t know what is! Seriously, get the brie in the oven, cut some bread and pour the wine.
Drink the wine, dip the bread and smile happily at how much better life is when you have melted cheese!
Have a happy oozy cheese filled evening xx
If you love this recipe for Baked Black Truffle Stuffed Brie why not subscribe to my newsletter, then you can have delicious recipes straight into your inbox. What is more, as a thank you I will send you my soup ebook for FREE!
Subscribe today 🙂
Also find me on:
Let’s share the food love and make the world a tastier place 🙂
Baked Black Truffle Stuffed Brie
- 1 medium brie wheel - around 200g
- 10 g black truffle (see notes)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- A pinch of salt and black pepper
- Preheat oven 180°C/350°F.
- Remove all the packaging from your brie, but if it came in a wooden box keep this for later.
- Use a sharp knife to cut a circle in the top of your brie. You want to go through the rind and a little into the cheese.
- Peel this back and use a teaspoon to scrape a small amount of cheese away (eat this - chefs perk!)
- Finely grate the truffle over the cheese, drizzle over the olive oil and add a good pinch of salt and pepper.
- Cover the truffle back up with the circle of rind you removed earlier
- Wrap the brie in cooking paper and then tightly in tinfoil.
- Place the brie on a baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes until completely molten.
- To serve I like to remove the tinfoil and carefully slide the cheese back into the wooden box. (see notes)
- Serve with plenty of bread and some apple slices.
- Some little radishes are amazing with this, but ideally you want the 'french breakfast' radishes as they have a milder flavour.
If you have more truffle then add as much as you like (and can afford!!!)
In France the cheese is often baked in the box. But you find that there the boxes are stapled together. Here in Australia the boxes are often glued, so the heat of the oven will pop the box open! Better to use tin foil and transfer to the box. Otherwise you might end up with a cheese flood!!!