This simple pea mash is the perfect quick healthy side dish for weeknight meals!
It takes less than 5 minutes from start to finish and is perfect for serving with for dinner with chicken or with salmon. The wonderful vibrant green color and sweet taste make it an excellent side for kids and will have them eating their veggies happily!
So easy to make with frozen peas! Why not try it for dinner tonight!
Frozen peas for the win!
Nearly everyone has a bag of frozen peas in their freezer! (Although I think only a special few of us have 3 bags, all opened, one of which is upside down so it is slowly filling the bottom of the freezer with a little frozen ball pool of peas!)
Frozen peas are a weeknight side dish staple, they are so quick to cook and instantly add a wonderful healthy green element to the dinner. Plus many kids seem to love the sweet peas!
This pea mash is just as quick to make and turns the humble pea into something a little different.
VIDEO - Watch how easy it is to make this simple pea mash.
How easy is that!!! In under 5 minutes, you can have vibrant green pea mash that the family will love!
What to serve with pea mash
This is such a versatile side dish, you can serve it anywhere that peas might go. Try adding a side of pea mash to some of these family favorites:
- Crispy Oven Baked Chicken Schnitzel
- Creamy Honey Mustard Pork Chops
- Balsamic Butter Steak
- Dill Pickle Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- Honey Pecan Chicken Breasts (30 minute meal)
- Garlic Greek Chicken with Lemon and Oregano
- Sausages and Gravy
- Seared Salmon
For more delicious side dishes why not try:
- Easy Skillet Garlic Green Beans
- The Best Savory Mashed Sweet Potato Recipe
- Braised Celery
- Sweet Onion Casserole with Crispy Topping
- Creamed Corn Casserole with Bacon
- Easy White Bean Mash with Lemon and Thyme
- See all 85+ Side Dishes
Pin this recipe for Simple Pea Mash. Pin it here.
Simple Pea Mash Recipe
- 2 cup frozen peas
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 ½ tbsp sour cream
- salt and pepper
- Peel the garlic and cut into quarters
- Cook the frozen peas and the garlic in boiling salted water for 2 minutes, then drain well.
- Tip the peas and garlic into the food processor, then add in the butter and sour cream.
- Puree until you have a thick green mash.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve