Learn how to reheat meatloaf so that your leftovers are just as tender and juicy as the day you made it!
Leftover meatloaf can be delicious, and let's face it; leftovers are a great way to feed the family on nights when you are up against it and need dinner in a hurry.
But reheating meatloaf can often lead to the same problem. DRY MEATLOAF! And no one wants that! With each of these six methods, you can have hot juicy meatloaf following whichever way suits you best.
My Mom's Meatloaf recipe makes enough for eight people, and even on days when all my blended family are together, we are only seven (and three of them have tiny appetites!)
Meaning meatloaf leftovers are a given, so I often have several slices in the refrigerator or stashed in the freezer ready for a quick dinner.
(Did you know you could freeze meatloaf? Check out my meatloaf post for more info)
The most important thing to remember about reheating meatloaf is getting the entire slice to a safe temperature. The USDA recommends it's heated to a minimum internal temperature of 165°F/74ºC.
How To Reheat Meatloaf in the Oven
- Preheat your oven to 250ºF/120ºC.
- Place your leftover meatloaf slices in a small shallow dish.
- Sprinkle each piece with 1 tablespoon of beef broth.
- Cover the dish with aluminium foil, place it in the centre of your oven and cook for 20-25 minutes.
How to Reheat Meatloaf in the Air Fryer
- Turn the air fryer to 350ºF/175ºC
- Line the basket of the air fryer with baking paper or parchment paper.
- Spray both sides of your meatloaf slices with oil spray.
- Reheat the slices for 4-5 minutes.
How to Reheat Meatloaf in a Toaster Oven
- Preheat the toaster oven to 350ºF/175ºC.
- Place the meatloaf slices on a metal rack in the toaster oven and place a baking sheet underneath to catch any fat that drips.
- Heat the slices for 3 minutes, flip them, and heat for an additional 2 minutes.
How to Reheat Meatloaf in the Microwave
- Place the meatloaf slices in a single layer on a microwave-safe dish.
- Cover the plate with a sheet of damp kitchen paper/paper towel.
- Reheat the pieces for 1 minute, carefully remove the dish from the microwave and turn the meatloaf over.
- Put the dish back in the microwave and heat for 1 minute more or until it's hot all the way through.
- If it's not hot enough yet, place it back in the microwave and reheat in 30-second increments at 50% power.
How to Reheat Meatloaf in a Skillet or Frying Pan
- Place your skillet/frying pan over medium-low heat, add 1 tablespoon of oil, and ¼ cup of beef broth.
- Add the meatloaf slices to the pan and cook for 2 minutes over medium-low heat. Flip the slices and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Turn up the heat so any remaining liquid evaporates and the outside of your slices crisp and firm slightly.
How To Reheat Meatloaf in a Steamer Basket
- Add 2"/5cm of water to your pan and bring it to a simmer.
- Spray the slices of meatloaf with oil to stop them from sticking and place them in a single layer in the steamer basket.
- Place the basket over the simmering water ensuring the bottom isn't touching the water, then cover and steam for 3-4 minutes.
- Remove the meatloaf slices and place them on a sheet of kitchen paper/paper towel to remove excess water.
Quick sides to serve with your leftover meatloaf
If you are serving leftovers you don't want to spend hours on sides. Pick a couple of these easy side dishes to make dinner a breeze!