Crispy chicken skin, packed with savoury flavours, delicious moist meat and so simple you can just throw it in the oven and forget about it. Serve with potatoes and coleslaw for a simple mid-week meal.
Shush, don’t tell anyone but this is another meal that really is so simple that I am not sure if I can hold my head up and call it a recipe 😳
Throw some chicken into a bag, add a few herbs and a bit of oil and then roast to total yummy scrummy perfection. The time you spend in the kitchen is 5 minutes, tops! Throw some oven fries in the oven, mix up a salad or some coleslaw (or buy it – I will 100% not judge! As I said over here ‘Adulting is tough, make it easier for yourself!) and you have dinner.
I love oven baked chicken dishes. Love with a big fat capital L!!! You throw it in the oven, deal with the latest disaster, homework crisis, washing pile or relax with a book and a glass of wine (hahahaha) and 40 minutes later dinner is ready. The house smells great and you are the domestic goddess! What is not to love about that! I have a whole collection of oven baked chicken dishes.
These tastes like the wonderful rotisserie chickens you see rotating on the spits in supermarkets and food stalls. Crispy skin, moist flesh and full of flavours that enhance the chicken. Seriously good! And seriously easy! Winner winner, chicken dinner!!!
I like to use thigh joints and drumsticks for this. But you could do it with wings, marylands or even a spatchcocked chook.
p.s Do you love ‘easy stick them in the oven’ recipes? Let me know below 🙂
Also find me on:
Let’s share the food love and make the world a tastier place 🙂
Rotisserie Style Chicken Pieces
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tsp chicken seasoning
- 1 tsp celery salt
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 4 lb skin on - I like the thighs and drumsticks best, bone in chicken pieces
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Fresh parsley (for garnish)
- Pour the olive oil into a large zip lock bag and then add the chicken seasoning, celery salt, mustard powder and brown sugar.
- Smoosh it all about until you have a thick paste.
- Add the chicken pieces and squish and squash them into the paste. Seal the bag and keep in the fridge until you are ready to cook.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180ºC/350ºF.
- Empty the chicken pieces into a large roasting tin and arrange so you have a single layer.
- Sprinkle over the sea salt and roast for 40 minutes until the skin is crispy and the chicken is almost falling from the bone.
- Garnish with fresh parsley to serve.
If you love food why not subscribe to my newsletter, I will drop you an email every now and then, just to say hi and send you a couple of recipes I think you might love. It isn’t everyday! I am not that organised. Usually it is once a week (ish). And as a thank you I will send you my soup cookbook FREE. Full of my fav soups!
Subscribe today 🙂
Signup and get my FREE soup cookbook.