This Moroccan Spice Blend is a wonderful mix of fragrant earthy spices that will lift your food and add that unmistakable Moroccan edge.
Rub this over a chicken thigh and then roast along side some sweet potato and carrots, you have a warming and effort free dinner.
Or sprinkle it over some buttered couscous, flecked with sultanas and you can drift away to dreams of dancing in the sand, wearing a silk sarong, as the sun sets.
In a sealed jar this Moroccan Spice Mix will keep for a good 6 months, longer if your spices are new.
I don't add salt to my spice mix as I like to have full control over the salt in a dish, but if you want a general all around seasoning then add ½ tablespoon of table salt to the spice blend recipe.
Try using this mix in my Moroccan Spiced Chicken Salad.
Moroccan Spice Blend
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- ½ tablespoon cracked black pepper
- ½ tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional - leave out for a mild spice mix)
- 1 teaspoon all spice
- ½ tablespoon brown sugar (optional. Leave out to make this paleo and primal friendly)
- Mix the spices together until well combined and store in a sealed jar or pot.