So a week has gone by since my last post. I am shocked, when I wrote my Ginger Poached Chicken recipe I thought life was getting back to normal and I would be back blogging daily. But turns out that it takes unorganised people like me far longer than a week to get back to normal life. Not that I think things will be normal for quite some time! It hasn’t really fully sunk in!
I am still not really there, but I am determined to put time aside to blog, otherwise I fear I will have been gone a month and will drop off the blogging radar forever. I don’t want that, Sprinkles and Sprouts is mine, it is my little space where I can waffle about food and share random stories….where else would I get that? And I hope that you enjoy my musings too.
I am still not in a position to be able to take photos and get them online, but I do have a few photos uploaded and ready to go so I will share those recipes with you over the next few days and hopefully I will be ‘camera-ed’, ‘card reader-ed’ and ‘computer-ed’ up and ready to share new things next week.
So for now I will share my roasted snapper parcel recipe with you. Quick, healthy and virtually no washing up, this snapper is a great way to serve a delicate fish to lots of people. It is also a great way to have a quick dinner on the table in under 15 minutes, which on the Thursday I cooked this was exactly what I needed. A quick dinner and a large glass of wine 😉
I may have mentioned my love of capers before, but if you aren’t a fan, a chopped anchovy fillet or two would work well, or if that isn’t your idea of tasty then skip both and just add a extra twist of the salt grinder.
I served this with a salad and bread rolls, so it really was a super quick supper. Oh and with a glass of sauvignon it even felt a little bit of a luxurious treat. It certainly didn’t betray that I had prepped it in 5 minutes. Domestic culinary perfection 😉
Oven Roasted Snapper Parcels
- Lemon infused olive oil or regular olive oil
- 2 snapper fillets
- 3 tbsp parsley
- Juice and rind of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp capers
- Salt and pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 170°C/340F/Gas Mark 5.
- Cut 2 pieces of tin foil big enough to hold a fillet and lightly brush them with lemon oil (or olive oil).
- Place a snapper fillet in the middle of each piece of tin foil.
- Chop the parsley and divide it between the fillets.
- Sprinkle over the lemon juice, zest, capers (or anchovy) and season with pepper and a small amount of salt.
- Fold and scrunch the foil up to make a secure parcel around each fillet and slide the parcels onto a baking sheet.
- Bake the parcels for 10-12 minutes until just cooked.