These Oven Baked Pancake Bites with Whisky Maple Syrup are cute, delicious and simple to make. They look like mini cupcakes and taste like mini pancakes. And being baked in the oven they are great for serving a crowd!
All in all these Oven Baked Pancake Bites are the perfect treat for breakfast.
Firstly I need to say that these little pancake bites are getting me a nomination for Mummy of the Year! (obviously without the whisky maple!!)
They are miniature oven baked pancake bites that look a little like a cupcake but taste exactly like a pancake. Just what you need on a Monday morning! I gave them to the kids with some standard maple, but I enjoyed a couple with the amazing whisky maple.
Don’t worry there is only a teaspoon in the sauce. So you can definitely have it for breakfast!
It is the second week of the school holidays and we are getting through the list of activities the boys had planned.
But today we have to hit the supermarket. (eek!!! Supermarket with two boys in tow!)
I managed last week with a quick shop on Thursday, but we are low on veg and fruit now.
These pancake bites were my morning bribe!
A way of treating the boys before I drag them around Woollies.
I am hoping that these plus the promise of homemade chicken fingers for dinner will be enough to save me from a supermarket melt down…..fingers crossed people.
The quantities below makes 24 mini pancake bites, which sounds like a lot but they are pretty small, so you can easily eat half a dozen. If I had more than 2 muffin tins I would have made a double batch as any leftovers can be frozen.
They defrost pretty quickly and can be reheated in the oven for 5 minutes or eaten cold with a little jam on.
What is more because these are oven baked they are perfect for serving a crowd! No standing by the stove flipping pancakes.
You just whisk up the batter, fill your muffin tins and bake then for 10 minutes. Simple!
If you love this recipe for Oven Baked Pancake Bites with Whisky Maple Syrup why not pin it for later.
Come play on Pinterest!
Also find me on:
Let’s share the food love and make the world a tastier place 🙂
Oven Baked Pancake Bites with Whisky Maple Sauce
You can change the measurement from US to metric at the bottom of this list
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp raw sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp salted butter
Whisky Maple Syrup
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp whisky
- Pre-heat the oven to 220ºC/420ºF.
- Measure the milk into a jug and add the apple cider vinegar. Set aside
- Combine the flour, baking powder and sugar in a large bowl (or bowl of the stand mixer)
- Whisk the eggs and vanilla into the milk mixture.
- Pour the milk and egg mixture into the dry ingredients and use a whisk(or whisk attachment) to combine them to a smooth batter.
- Place the butter in the microwave on high for 20 seconds (or until just melted)
- Add this to the batter. (don't wash up the butter bowl!!!)
- Use the butter residue to lightly grease a 24 hole mini muffin tin (or two 12 hole tins)
- Pour the batter back into the jug that held the milk, using a rubber spatula to get every last bit off the bowl.
- Use the jug to pour the batter into the muffin tin holes, you want to almost fill them.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for 10-12 minutes until golden. (See notes)
- Whilst the bites are cooking, combine the whisky and maple syrup in a small jug.
- Allow the bites to cool in the tin for 2 minutes and then carefully tip them out.
- Serve with the whisky maple (or standard maple syrup)
So if you want to cut the sugar down then it won't affect the recipe 🙂 Also these aren't super vanillary as we prefer the subtle vanilla flavour. But you can up the vanilla to 1 tsp if you like a stronger flavour.