A deliciously rich butter that is perfect for topping steak or chicken. Or for stirring through potatoes. We all know that blue cheese goes well with steak so mixing it with butter makes complete sense. Complete delicious amazing sense!!!!
The butter and cheese melt into the hot steak and coat each mouthful with a buttery blue cheese taste. So good!!!
If you were a cheese lover you might actually choose to slice this butter into thick strips and add it to crackers....or maybe just eat a chunk. (no!!! never done that!!!! 😉 )
Pick any blue cheese. I have made this with a gorgonzola, a stilton, roquefort and a Bavarian blue cheese (which is often on special in the supermarket!) All of them are delicious!
If you are loving this Blue Cheese Butter, then why not check out my Compound Butter Recipe collection! So much buttery deliciousness to choose from!
Blue Cheese and Spring Onion Butter
- 2 spring onions
- 125 g / ½ cup/ 1 stick butter
- 100 g blue cheese
- Roughly chop the spring onions and then place them into the food processor and give it a good blitz.
- Use a spatula to push the sides down, add the butter and cheese thenpulse blitz until you have a well combined butter.
- Lay a large strip of cling film out on the bench , spoon the butter into a rough log onto the long edge of the cling film. (It will take up the centre 3rd of the the cling film. Carefully roll the cling film around the butter, then pinch the ends together and keep rolling it tight until you have a nice tight log.
- Tie a quick knot in the ends of the cling film and store it in the fridge.