This Greek couscous salad is ready in 10 minutes!!!! And it looks and tastes amazing. Packed with the flavours of a traditional greek salad, this greek couscous could be a side dish or served on it’s own for lunch. Better yet make it for dinner and pack up the leftovers in a lunchbox!!!!
I have been making this couscous since before Mr 9 was born!!!!!!!!!! It was a staple lunchbox meal for me back when I was working. I could make a big batch up on a Sunday and then have it for at least 3 lunches! I would occasionally add some protein to it. Maybe some slices of steak, some shredded chicken or if I was feeling flush some sautéed shrimp.
It is also great with some chickpeas stirred through it!!!!!
I made my batch up this week to serve with my One Pan Greek Chicken!!! It was a Greek kind of week 😉
Did you see my Greek chicken, it is a post from a couple of years ago, but I added a cool cooking video to it. Check it out here.
The flavours work so well together!!! Plenty of oregano and olive oil and the salty hit of feta and olives!!! YUM!!!!!
I make my greek couscous with vegetable stock to ensure it has plenty of flavour, as lets face it couscous is pretty bland on it’s own!!!! I also add some dried herbs, seasoning and lemon zest to the couscous so that whilst it is sitting in the hot stock it is also absorbing all the wonderful greek flavours. Don’t skip that step it really does make all the difference 😀
As does the final drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and the fresh herbs at the end. It turns this into something special!!!! If you can find fresh oregano then it is wonderful here, but fresh mint is delicious too. Or a mixture!!!!!
Isn’t this Greek couscous so pretty!!!!! I just love the colours in this dish!
I actually charred up the lemon (I used for the zest) and served that with the leftover greek couscous for lunch today, but I thought perhaps I had given you charred lemon overload recently 😉 (Do you remember the charred lemon addiction???)
However you decide to make this, be it a side or a lunch item, do give it a go. The flavours are beautiful and it is ready so very quickly!!!!
This Greek couscous salad is perfect for using the new season tomatoes!!! Which is what my friends and I are celebrating over at #SundaySupper this week. Have a look at the end of the recipe for all the amazing offerings this week.
Come play on Pinterest.
Also find me on:
Let’s share the food love and make the world a tastier place 🙂
This Greek couscous salad is ready in 10 minutes!!!! And it looks and tastes amazing. Packed with the flavours of a traditional greek salad, this greek couscous could be a side dish or served on it's own for lunch. Better yet make it for dinner and pack up the leftovers in a lunchbox!!!! #SundaySupper #quickandeasy
- 1 1/2 cup couscous
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 lemon
- 1 3/4 cups hot vegetable stock
- 1 cup/250g cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbsp chopped red onion
- ½ cucumber
- handful kalamata olives
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup/100g feta cheese
- Fresh oregano/fresh mint to serve
Tip the couscous into a large bow/, add the dried oregano, dried parsley, black pepper, salt and the zest of the lemon. Mix gently to combine Then pour over the hot stock.
Cover the bowl and leave it for 5 minutes until all the stock has been absorbed.
Fluff the couscous with a fork.
Chop the cherry tomatoes in half (or quarters) and add them to the couscous along with the finely chopped onion.
Cut the cucumber in half and remove the seeds then chop into small dice. Add to the couscous.
Cut the loves into wedges and add to the couscous with the EVOO.
Stir everything together and serve with the crumbled feta cheese and some fresh herbs.(You can add some wedges of the tested lemon too)
Check out all the other Sunday Supper Recipes Using Fresh Tomatoes
Big thanks to Rini from Healing Tomato for hosting this week.
- Caprese Chicken with Bacon by Family Around The Table
- Cheesy Caprese Pesto Chicken and Quinoa Casserole by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Easy Balsamic Chicken with Tomatoes by Life Tastes Good
- Grilled Chicken and Pasta with Grated Tomato Sauce by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Bronzed Tomato Spinach Cheddar Panini by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Ground Beef Curry by Wholistic Woman
- Lamb and Fresh Tomato Curry by Sunday Supper Movement
- One Pan Pork Chop Dinner with Tomatoes by Simple and Savory
- Tuna and Tomato Bento by Ninja Baker
Pizza, Pies, and Pastas
- Angel Hair Pomodoro by Healing Tomato
- Heirloom Tomato Tart by Authentically Candace
- Pressure Canned Homegrown Tomato Sauce by What Smells So Good?
- Savory Tomato Pie with Pre-Made Crust by The Foodie Affair
- Three Cheese Tomato Basil Pie by Jersey Girl Cooks
- Tomato and Caramelized Onions Galette by Brunch-n-Bites
- Tuscan Pasta with White Beans and Tomatoes by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Bacon Caprese Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms by Crazed Mom
- Bloody Mary Mix by Our Good Life
- Bruschetta di Pomodoro by The Freshman Cook
- Caprese Garlic Bread with Arugula Pesto by The Crumby Cupcake
- Slow Roasted Tomatoes by Caroline’s Cooking
- Tomato Cauliflower Rice by Family Foodie
- Tomato Tulips for a Veggie Platter by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Cheesy Thumbprint Cookies with Green Tomato Strawberry Jalapeno Jam by Soulfully Made
- How to Make Homemade Salsa by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- IPA (India Pale Ale) Green Tomato Pickles by Gourmet Everyday
- Italian Nachos by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Marinated Cherry Tomatoes with Cottage Cheese by Cricket’s Confections
- Tomatoes Stuffed with Apple-Walnut Salad Filling by Asian In America
- Tropical Fruit Salsa by Pies and Plots
Soups and Salads
- 10 Minute Greek Inspired Couscous Salad by Sprinkles and Sprouts
- Burrata Caprese Salad with Balsamic Pearls by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cherry Tomato and Preserved Lemon Salad by Shockingly Delicious
- Cupboard Tomato Mozzarella Salad by Food Lust People Love
- Fresh Tomato and Couscous Salad by Basic N Delicious
- Fried Green Tomato BLT Salad by Palatable Pastime
- Rustic Dill Tomato Soup by Hot Eats and Cool Reads
- Summer Tomato and Bread Soup by Monica’s Table
- Tomato & Roasted Red Pepper Soup with Pimento Grilled Cheese by Bottom Left of the Mitten
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement