Succulent salmon with a crispy skin, sat on a bed of crushed sweet peas and spicy chorizo. This Seared Salmon with Peas and Chorizo is elegant yet simple. A perfect main for easy entertaining.
This Seared Salmon is so quick to prepare, which is great if you have friends coming over after work. The hardest part is chopping up the chorizo, as in…… not hard at all.
Be sure to cook the chorizo first, this releases all the paprika spiked oils, which are then used to cook the salmon. Extra flavour without an extra ingredient or an extra step! The key to getting all the oils out is to start the chorizo in a cold pan. Use a big heavy based fry pan, one that will fit your salmon, then you can re-use the pan and save on washing up.
Frozen peas are perfect here, they take minutes to cook and are super sweet. They are cooked for a few minutes and then crushed with a fork to add some texture to the dish.
This Seared Salmon with Peas and Chorizo doesn’t really need a side dish, but if you are looking for a side then maybe serve it with my Hedgehog Potatoes.
Or serve an appetizer to start your meal. Something like my Basil and Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms would work well. Or go for a dessert instead and try my gorgeously wobbly Pear and Pomegranate Panna Cotta.
Such a simple elegant dish is just perfect for friends, open a glass of wine, and enjoy your evening. I would suggest a Pinot Noir which will work with the rich fish and not be overpowered by the spice from the chorizo. Although I am partial to a glass of bubbly with my salmon.
Come play on Pinterest!
Also find me on:
Let’s share the food love and make the world a tastier place 🙂
Seared Salmon with Peas and Chorizo
Succulent salmon with a crispy skin, sat on a bed of crushed sweet peas and spicy chorizo. This Seared Salmon with Peas and Chorizo is elegant yet simple. A perfect entree for entertaining. Recipe from Sprinkles and Sprouts | Delicious food for easy entertaining.
- 3 cups frozen peas
- 4 oz chorizo sausage
- 4 skin on salmon fillets (6 oz/170g each)
- 1 shallot
- 1 tsp olive oil
- ground white pepper
- 1 lemon
You can change the measurement from US to metric at the bottom of this list
- Add the peas to boiling water and cook for 5 minutes.
- Drain and set aside
- Chop the chorizo into small dice and place in a cold large heavy based fry pan.
- Place the pan over a medium heat, stir occasionally and cook until it is crispy and has released it's oils.
- Remove the chorizo from the pan with a slotted spoon, leaving the oil behind.
- Season the salmon with salt and pepper.
- Turn the heat up to high and cook the salmon skin side down for 2 minutes until the skin is crispy.
- Flip the salmon and cook for a further 4 minutes.
- Transfer salmon to a warmed plate, tent it with foil and set aside.
- Peel and finely chop the shallot, add it to the fry pan along with the olive oil and cook for 2 minutes until translucent.
- Add the chorizo and peas to the pan and stir to heat through.
- Take a fork and lightly crush the peas with a fork.
- Serve the seared salmon on a bed of peas and garnish with a wedge of lemon.
The peas and chorizo can be prepared in advance. Just be sure to save the chorizo oil to cook the salmon in.