Roasted Peaches with Brown Sugar and Rosemary – Tender peaches sprinkled with brown sugar and roasted on rosemary sprigs to create a sweet and floral syrup. The perfect dessert for the late summer and early fall evenings. Add a dollop of thick cream and enjoy the sweet yielding fragrant fruit.
It is time for my project foodie group ingredient challenge. This month it is Peaches. I really do need to get a couple more southern hemisphere bloggers into the group!!!! Peaches are in season up there, but for me I had to buy imported peaches, which I have to say for out of season fruit, were perfectly ripe and super sweet.
But the beauty of this recipe is it will work with under ripe fruit, the brown sugar adds the extra sweetness and the heat of the oven makes the flesh yielding and tender.
If you can’t get peaches, nectarines or plums will work just as well.
Even before they are cooked these Roasted Peaches with Brown Sugar and Rosemary look beautiful.
These Roasted Peaches with Brown Sugar and Rosemary are a bit of a rarity here on Sprinkles and Sprouts! A dessert! Being a cheese and crackers kind of girl desserts and puddings are few and far between. But these Roasted Peach with Rosemary and Brown Sugar are worth sharing. Like most desserts I make there is a savoury element with the rosemary and sea salt. But for those with a super sweet tooth, you can easily omit the sea salt from the recipe.
Come play on Pinterest.
Also find me on:
Let’s share the food love and make the world a tastier place 🙂
- 4 peaches
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 6 rosemary sprigs
- 1/2 cup water
- pinch sea salt
- Pre-heat oven to 200?C/400?F.
- Cut each peach in half and carefully twist them apart.
- Use a spoon to gently remove the stone.
- Pull the tender tips from the end of the rosemary and reserve for serving.
- Place the rosemary sprigs in the bottom of a roasting dish.
- Place the peach halves on top cut side up.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar over the peaches, then carefully pour the water around the peaches.
- Roast for 25 minutes until the peaches are soft and a thick syrup has collected in the bottom of the dish.
- To serve, spoon over a little syrup, add a spoonful of cream and a garnish of fresh rosemary and the merest sprinkles of sea salt.
Check out all the other fabulous peach recipes from some of the other project foodies: