Roasted Strawberries are a surprising and delicious way to enjoy this summer fruit. The flavor is sweet and smoky, perfect for adding to your favorite ice cream, bruschetta or even adding to a cocktail. I think you are going to love them!
How to roast strawberries
The method is super simple and really the same as roasted veg….except here we add a little sugar to the fruit.
Cut the strawberries in half
Sprinkle with sugar (and a pinch of salt)
Drizzle with oil
Roast until soft and caramlized
Simple, and just a great way to use up your summer glut.
What to use Roasted Strawberries for
Use these roasted strawberries to:
- Add on top of vanilla ice cream for a summer dessert
- Spread toast rounds with creamy ricotta, add roasted strawberries and fresh basil
- Mix with vodka and lemonade for a quick summer cocktail
- Serve with a grilled pork chop as a sweet side
- Mix with whipped cream and use as a luxurious dip
- Eat straight from the tray 😉
Why not pin this recipe for Roasted Strawberries for later. Pin it here
- Preheat oven to 375ºF/190ºC
- Hull the strawberries and cut them all in half
- Line a large sheet pan with parchment paper, folding over the edges so any juices don't escape.
- Toss strawberries with the sugar, oil and salt until thoroughly coated.
- Arrange the strawberries to the sheet pan cut side down.
- Roast for 20 minutes, or until they start to caramelize.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly before using them in your chosen way.
If you love food why not subscribe to my newsletter, I will drop you an email every now and then, just to say hi and send you a couple of recipes I think you might love, like these Roasted Strawberries.
It isn’t everyday! I am not that organised. Usually it is once a week (ish). And as a thank you I will send you my soup cookbook FREE. Full of my fav soups!
Subscribe today 🙂