This red wine butter is such an amazing colour!!!! The wonderful purply pink butter, flecked with white and green. It is like a piece of modern art!
It works fabulously with steak, but also adds an amazing flavour to roasted onions!
This is another recipe that has been on the blog for a while but I have pulled it to the front page to give it some new love.
The memory for this butter is the beautiful buttery jus that we used to serve over steak in the hotel. A splash of wine reduced down and then enriched with a knob of butter. So simple and so delicious!
If you are loving this Red Wine and Shallot Butter, then why not check out my Compound Butter Recipe collection! So many buttery recipes to choose from!
Get the Recipe
Red Wine and Shallot Butter
- 100 ml red wine
- 1 shallot
- 125 g /1/2 cup/1 stick butter
- 1 bunch of parsley
- cracked black pepper
- Finely chop the shallot and place them in a pan with the red wine.
- Bring it to the boil and cook until there is pretty much no wine left. This takes a good 5-10 minutes.
- Set it aside to cool.
- Place the butter, parsley and a grind of pepper into the food processor and whizz.
- Add in the red wine shallots and pulse until everything is combined and a fabulous colour.
- Lay a large strip of cling film out on the bench , spoon the butter into a rough log onto the long edge of the cling film. (It will take up the centre 3rd of the the cling film.
- Carefully roll the cling film around the butter, then pinch the ends together and keep rolling it tight until you have a nice tight log.
- Tie a quick knot in the ends of the cling film and store it in the fridge.
Nutrition is per serving