Delicious potato slices, roasted until they are golden brown and soft inside. Sprinkled with salt, pepper and fresh parsley these are sort of like a hot bowl of crisps.
By crisps I mean potato chips. You know what I mean, the ones that come sealed in foil bags, some of the brand names sound like Palkers, Gmiths and Pays. Oh and don’t forget Bettles. 😉 Confused?????
I am always confused when it comes to crisps!!! Actually that isn’t true!! The word crisps never confuses me. I know what a crisp is, but chips confuse me. If we are going to call crisps chips, then what are chips? Should we only ever call them french fries? But what about big fat cut chunky chips? Or fish and chips. You think you have it sorted and then you see a club sandwich and chips on the menu of a local wine bar one lunch time and you get confused all over again!!! Does that mean chips aka crisps or chips aka fries.
This particular time it meant fries, big chunky fries (chips!). And they were delicious! Hot, crispy, fluffy inside and served with the best club sandwich, all washed down with a glass of white wine. Yup that was a lunch worth eating.
Ha!!!! What does that mean!!! I just typed it and I don’t know!!! “A lunch worth eating” what a stupid phrase!!!!! Surely all lunches are worth eating???? Apologies 😉 crisp confusion has addled my brain!!!
Anyway, after a chip/crisp conversation over the wonderful club sandwich a friend and I decided what we needed to do was combine chips and crisps into one delicious dish. And that is what I did. Bit of salt, bit of pepper and the freshness of parsley (or as the boys call it, grass!) and you have a potato dish that combines crisps and chips together. Served with chicken you have a chip and served with drinks you have a chip (oh…wait!!!)
Whatever these taste good 😉
If you love potatoes as much as I do then check out my Potato collection. All my favourite potatoes dishes grouped together in one place. It is tata heaven!
If you love this recipe why not subscribe to my newsletter, then you can have delicious recipes straight into your inbox. What is more as a thank you I will send you my soup ebook for FREE!
Subscribe today 🙂
Signup and get my FREE soup cookbook.
Also find me on:
Let’s share the food love and make the world a tastier place 🙂
Herbed Potato Slices
- 4 large potatoes (about 750g)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- pinch white pepper
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley
- Pre-heat the oven to 220ºC
- Use a mandoline or the slicer blade on your food processor (or I guess a knife) to cut the potatoes into thin rounds. I have my mandoline set to 6mm (1/4 inch).
- Place the potatoes in a deep bowl and then sprinkle over the salt, olive oil and white pepper.
- Finely chop the parsley and add that to the potatoes.
- Use your hands to mix the potatoes together, ensuring each slice is separate and coated in the seasoned oil and parsley.
- Line a roasting tray with cooking paper and place the potatoes into the centre of the oven.
- Bake for 15 minutes and then give the potatoes a quick stir.
- Cook for a further 20 minutes until golden brown.