Oh yes. You read the title correctly. Cheesy garlic bread sandwiches. Garlic butter smothered bread filled with soft brie, crisped and browned to melting gooey perfection. Perfection! I kid you not, this is a sandwich that will make you lick the plate!!! It is my present to you so we can all get through Tuesday and bounce into the Wednesday - and let's face it, after that it is only a run and a jump to the weekend ;-).
Now lets me start by saying there is nothing healthy about this recipe! If you are doing low carb, low fat, paleo or counting calories, then I am afraid unless you are into tormenting yourself with pictures of melted cheese, you might want to stop reading now. But if like me you love a bit of melted cheese, then drool over your computer......
Honestly I am in cheese sandwich heaven. This recipe came to me in the middle of the night. I had been looking a pictures of what has been called 'crack bread', a term I really really dislike, but a dish I really really like. It has been done and pinned so many times and I have to say I have found several recipe that I wouldn't change at all. Which is great for my cooking, but not so good for my food blog. Anyhow, maybe that is why I was dreaming of garlic bread???
I should mention I wasn't just dreaming of garlic bread. This wasn't a dream where I jumped into a swimming pool full of buttery garlic bread, akin to how Winnie the Pooh jumps into honey, although that would have been a great dream!!!
This was much more of a riding through France on pedal bikes and stopping at beautiful French cafés, kind of dream. Actually there is nothing 'kind of' about it! That is exactly how it went, I was cycling through France with my sister and Colin Firth. Which is odd as I don't really cycle very often AND I don't know Colin Firth. Who knows what was going on in my crazy dream brain!
But what I do know is we stopped at a small café and ordered toasted brie sandwiches that came with a side of melted garlic butter. (It was a great dream!!!) And here in the wonderful dream world my cheesy garlic bread sandwiches were born. Being a cheese, garlic and bread fan, I knew I had to try it, and due to the nature of my addiction to bread, cheese, garlic, and all other foods that help keep me out of skinny jeans, I had the ingredients ready in the fridge/pantry.
And let me tell you, the sandwich lived up to the dream sandwich. Yum!!! If Stew wasn't currently doing a low carb diet (don't ask!!) I would be making this for dinner for the next week. I might still do that and just serve him the side salad 😉 Or is that too cruel????? If you are reading Stew....I joke 😉 I promise I won't do that x
So whilst I go and check that Stew is still talking to me, I will leave you with the wonderful and slightly addictive Cheesy Garlic Bread Sandwich. Enjoy!
If you love this recipe for my Cheesy Garlic Bread Sandwich why not subscribe to my newsletter, then you can have delicious recipes straight into your inbox. What is more, as a thank you I will send you my soup ebook for FREE!
Subscribe today 🙂
Signup and get my FREE soup cookbook.
Also find me on:
Let's share the food love and make the world a tastier place 🙂
Cheesy, Garlic Bread Sandwiches
- 8 slices of good crusty white bread
- 2 sticks butter
- 5 garlic cloves
- 10.5 oz Brie
- salt and pepper
- ½ teaspoon parsley
- Preheat the oven to 425ºF/220ºC.
- Put the garlic cloves into a small pan of boiling water and cook for 2 minutes until soft. Drain well.
- Use the back of your knife to crush the garlic to a paste.
- Dry the garlic pan out and gently melt the butter.
- Add the garlic paste and stir to combine.
- Use a pastry brush to cover the slices of bread with the melted butter.
- Cut the brie into thick slices.
- Place 4 slices of the bread butter side down onto a baking tray lined with cooking paper.
- Arrange the brie over the slices, season lightly with salt and pepper and the parsley.
- Use the remaining bread to cover the brie.
- Bake in the oven for 6 minutes, then carefully turn the sandwiches over and cook for a further 3-6 minutes.
- Allow to cool ever so slightly before eating (as molten cheese burns! A lot!!!) and try to remember to share.
Dip the gooey delicious sandwich into creamy tomato soup!! (Thank you Dorothy!!!!)
If you love cheese and garlic butter why not try my Cheesy Garlic Butter Potatoes. They are amaaaaazing!!!!