Sweet, salty bacon, wrapped around seasoned chicken and then baked to a crisp perfection. These Brown Sugar Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites will be demolished! A must for any party or gathering.
These really don't ever last long! There is something about that sweet and salty mix that has people reaching for another. And being wrapped in bacon!!! I mean, who doesn't love bacon!
The chicken is seasoned with salt, pepper, rosemary and onion powder (although you could use poultry seasoning) and I think that is the key to this recipe. The chicken is so delicious and then the salty bacon and brown sugar just finish everything off. OH YUM!!!
I think the moment you sprinkle brown sugar on something, kids will eat them. Well certainly mine do! The sweet salty bacon smell, always brings them to the kitchen! And although I serve these as a canapé or appetizer, I have been known to serve them for tea with some potato wedges and a salad.
At a party I like to add a small dish of something sweet and spicy to dip them in. A simple mustard maple sauce, spiked with some chilli powder and paprika works fabulously.
I find half my guests will dip and half don't. I am in the don't dip category....mostly because I am messy and the more I can do to mitigate disaster and avoid dripping food down my dress the better 😉
p.s If you are looking for another canapé idea why not try my Sheet Pan Potato Frittata Squares with Basil and Chive, they cook in the oven at the same temperature as these Brown Sugar Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites and are delicious warm or at room temperature.
If you love this recipe for Brown Sugar Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites why not pin them for later.
Come play on Pinterest!
I share a lot of food!!!! And quite a lot of other stuff! Come find me today x
Brown Sugar Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites
For the chicken
- 2 chicken breasts - boneless and skinless
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon dried rosemary
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 16 slices thin cut bacon
For the Brown Sugar Mix
- ¾ cup dark brown sugar - well packed
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- fresh parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350ºF/170ºC.
- To aid clean up cover your baking tray with a layer of aluminium foil.
- Place a cookie cooling rack on top of the baking tray, this allows the bacon to crisp on all sides.
- Cut the chicken into 1 inch cubes (I aim for 16 small bites out of each chicken breast) and sprinkle over the salt, black pepper, rosemary and onion powder.
- Set aside.
- Tip the sugar in a small bowl adding in the salt and smoked paprika.
- Cut the bacon slices in half (or into thirds if you have very long bacon)
- Wrap each piece of chicken with a piece of bacon and secure with a cocktail stick.
- Roll the chicken bites in the brown sugar mixture and place on the prepared rack.
- Bake for about 30 minutes until bacon is crisp.
- Garnish with chopped fresh parsley.
- I served mine with a mustard maple dipping sauce, spiked with paprika.