Perfect soft and chewy cookies, packed with white chocolate chips and macadamia nuts, these cookies are just like Subway cookies... but even better as you know exactly what is in them!
Who doesn't love a subway cookie!!! They have mastered the perfect mix between crunch and chew! Firm enough to stay together but soft enough to melt into your mouth.
I shared a double chocolate chip subway cookie recipe about a year ago. They are still my boys favourite! But subway do so many other delicious flavours! White chocolate and macadamia nut cookies being my favourite (although the raspberry and white chocolate one is a very close second!)
The double chocolate chip cookies took me a couple of attempts to get right, so when I set about making my favourite white chocolate and macadamia nut subway style cookies I thought I'd nail it in a couple of tries.
Ha!!!! I made so many delicious white chocolate and macadamia nut cookies, but after 4 attempts I still hadn't made ones I left worthy of the title subway style cookies. I did a final tweak and 5th time lucky!!!
I was a very popular lady that week!!! I think everyone I know got to try those cookies, I'm not entirely sure where each batch went. Except that final batch, that went to the group of Mums that I was on a business course with. That box didn't last long!
These cookies look pretty unassuming, but they are so so delicious! They are definitely what I call subway style cookies.
Get the Recipe
White Chocolate and Macadamia Nut Subway Style Cookies
- ½ cup macadamia nuts
- 1 stick softened butter
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour (plain flour)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 175ºC/350ºF.
- Roughly chop the macadamia nuts and set aside.
- Put the softened butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar into the bowl of your stand mixer. Beat them together until the mixture is ighter and everything is well combined. (about 3 minutes)
- Add the vanilla extract and the egg, then beat once more until everything is creamy and even lighter in colour. (This takes about 3-4 minutes)
- Add in the flour, salt and baking soda, then mix until the flour is just combined.
- Tip in the the white chocolate chips and the chopped macadamia nuts into the mixture.
- Then mix until everything is combined.
- Roll golf ball sized balls of dough and place them onto a baking sheet lined with cooking paper. Ensure they are 5cm (2 inches) apart
- Bake for 10 minutes until lightly golden. (They will be soft when you take them from the oven!)
- Carefully transfer the cooking paper to a cooling rack, then use a spoon to gently flatten the still soft cookies.
- Leave the cookies to cool.
Nutrition is per serving