This Turkish chicken is packed with flavor and is a great family-friendly way to cook boneless, skinless chicken breasts.
The chicken breasts are filleted (cut into cutlets), so two large chicken breasts will feed four people, making this superb value for money. Plus, filleting the chicken ensures the chicken stays juicy and moist.
You can serve these with pilaf and some salad, or stuff them into rolls for an easy and different chicken burger. Chop the chicken up and add it to your lunch meal prep or serve it with some garlic potatoes.
Another chicken breast recipe! What can I say? You guys love them! My Crispy Oven Baked Chicken Schnitzel is one of the most popular recipes here on Sprinkles and Sprouts, and my Garlic Butter Pasta with Garlic Chicken is always in the top ten most visited posts!
Just a very short post for me today, because this really is an easy recipe. The hardest part is filleting the chicken breasts.
Regular readers will be sick of me filleting chicken breasts!! I do it with nearly all my chicken breast recipes!
So quick recap....
Cutting a chicken breast into two fillets cuts down the cooking time, so the chicken stays tender and moist.
It also makes it cost-effective, as two chicken breasts will serve four people.
To fillet a chicken breast, you want to take a sharp knife and cut vertically through the chicken breast. Keep your knife parallel to the board to ensure the fillets are even. (as shown in the picture below) For a more in-depth look at filleting chicken check out my Creamy Mushroom Chicken post.
What does Turkish chicken taste like?
The marinade on the chicken is a rich, warm, almost earthy seasoning that has plenty of garlic, paprika, cumin in it. Add a touch of sweetness, some cinnamon, turmeric, mint, black pepper, and some salt, and you have a delicious blend that turns your plain chicken into a taste explosion.
You can see my Turkish seasoning blend recipe here but, I have included it in the recipe card as well. Or you can buy a store-bought Turkish blend.
What to serve with your chicken
But the chicken is so tender and delicious you could use it in a roll as a different and flavor-packed chicken burger.
For more delicious Chicken Breast recipes, try:
- Persian Chicken Breasts
- Chicken Fried Chicken
- Creamy Garlic Parmesan Chicken Breasts
- One Pan Creamy Bacon Chicken
- Greek Lemon Dill Chicken
- Creamy Champagne Chicken
- Baked Chicken with Cherry Tomatoes
- Honey Pecan Chicken Breasts
- Easy Crispy Lemon Pepper Chicken Breasts
- See ALL chicken breast recipes
Pin this recipe for Turkish Chicken Breasts. Pin it here.
Get the Recipe
Turkish Chicken Breasts - Recipe
- 2 chicken breasts
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoon Turkish seasoning
- sesame seeds
- fresh parsley
Start by Filleting the Chicken
- Pat the chicken breast dry to stop it sliding about the board.
- Lay the chicken breast flat on a chopping board.
- Use a large sharp knife to cut sideways through the breast.
- Continue to cut through the chicken breast, keeping the knife flat and parallel to the chopping board.
- Carefully cut through until you have two plump fillets.
- If you find they are not an even thickness, you can use a meat mallet (or a heavy pan) to bash the plumper end down.
Marinate the chicken
- Pour the olive oil into a non-metallic dish and mix in the Turkish seasoning.
- Once well combined, add the four chicken fillets.
- Marinate for at least 30 minutes and up to 24 hours.
To cook the chicken
- Place a heavy-based frying pan or skillet over medium-high heat.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and cook on one side without moving for 4 minutes.
- Flip the chicken and cook for a further 3-4 minutes until cooked through.
Nutrition is per serving