Who doesn't love pulled pork!!!! Shredded delicious meat that you can use in so many different ways!!!!! This BBQ pulled pork recipe is awesome as it cooks happily in the slow cooker, and makes the most delicious sauce. Effortless scrumptious dinner!!! Hand-up who is up for that one!
Man it is hot here is WA!!!! We are still seeing days that get up over 40ºC (104ºF) I am not enjoying it! It is hot, sticky and there is no rest from it. Once the sun goes down the air temp doesn't drop and you are going to bed with the thermometer still reading 30ºC (86ºF).
It is yuck! And I can almost say that I am over summer! I do know I can't wait for the cooler winds of Autumn. The days when the sun is shining but you don't melt the moment you step foot outside. Where you don't spend the day craving icy poles or icy cold beer.
Earlier in the week both the boys were at school and with 2 hours until pick up, I was so hot I couldn't sit inside any longer, so I took refuge in my car, air con on full pelt! Don't worry I didn't just sit on the driveway, I drove to town and parked up at the local beach. The view was amazing and the thought of the boys and I diving into the water once school was finished was blissful.
That and I knew dinner was in the slow cooker 🙂 I adore my slow cooker! Now I love cooking winter warmers in it but I think summer is when the slow cooker really comes into it's own. Dinner without heating up the kitchen!!! YES PLEASE!!!
And this recipe for BBQ pulled pork is a winner as you can serve it with bread rolls, some salad, red onion and you have an instant family friendly dinner! LOVE IT!!!
The pork is cooked long and slow in a thick juicy BBQ sauce mix, which leave you with juicy flavour packed pork, a sticky juicy sauce and dust on your oven door handle 😉 Just look at the shredded meat, don't you just want to steal a bit!!!
What is more this recipe makes plenty! So there will probably be leftovers which are perfect for lunches!!! Stuff this deliciousness into a wrap, add some lettuce a squeeze of hot sauce and you will be the envy of the office. Or for kids try adding some lettuce and some sour cream 🙂 Or for some people (no idea who I might be talking about) grab a fork and eat it straight from the bowl in the fridge.... nibble on a pickled jalapeño and call it lunch 🙂
If you love this recipe for Slow Cooker BBQ Pulled Pork why not subscribe to my newsletter, then you can have delicious recipes straight into your inbox. What is more, as a thank you I will send you my soup ebook for FREE!
Subscribe today 🙂
Signup and get my FREE soup cookbook.
Also find me on:
Let's share the food love and make the world a tastier place 🙂
Slow Cooker BBQ Pulled Pork
- 250 ml /1 cup passata or tomato sauce
- 125 ml /1/2 cup chicken stock
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 tbsp worchestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp yellow mustard
- 1 ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp dried onion flakes (can sub in one smaller chopped onion)
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp salt
- 1.5 kg /2lb pork shoulder/butt
- Add the passata, chicken stock, maple syrup, worcestershire sauce, apple cider vinegar and yellow mustard to the slow cooker and use a fork to combine.
- Add the smoked paprika, onion flakes, black pepper, cumin, ginger and salt and then give it another stir.
- Set the slow cooker on low.
- Trim the pork of as much of the fat as you can and then add it to the slow cooker.
- Push it down to make sure it is as covered as possible.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours until the meat is falling apart.
- Take two forks and shred the pork. You can either do this in the slow cooker or if you have a non-stick coating on your slow cooker, remove the pork and do it on a chopping board.
- Return the pork to the slow cooker and cook on high for a further hour.
- Serve with bread rolls, salad, red onion....oh and maybe a spicy pickle or two 🙂
Slow Cooker BBQ Pulled Pork