Salty bacon, sweet parsnip and fresh rosemary, all tossed through some buttery spaghetti. YUM! This parsnip and bacon pasta is a simple, yet perfect midweek dinner.
Tomorrow my baby turns 5!!!! Not sure where the time has gone! One minute he was so small I could hold him in one arm and now he is nearly as big as his brother. So just a quick post for me tonight as I am busy making brownies for him to take to Kindy and I still need to wrap his birthday presents. Last minute? That is when I am my most productive 😉
Do you remember my pantry clear out? And my great pasta discovery? (Read about it here.) Since then I have been trying to reduce the packets of pasta. Linguine was on a great special this week but I resisted the temptation and didn't throw a couple of packets into the trolley. I can tell you that was hard!!! 40% off my favourite brand and I didn't buy any! But something had to be done so in an attempt to make space we have been eating a lot of pasta. No problem there 😉
This parsnip and bacon pasta is an oldie, I think it is a Jamie Oliver recipe. I first had it when my friend Loz cooked it for us. After a day of Christmas shopping, we were only meant to be staying for a cup of coffee, then suddenly it was 8pm and the red wine was open. Sat in his kitchen we finished the bottle, opened a second and demolished platefuls of parsnip bacon pasta.
If you love this recipe why not subscribe to my newsletter, then you can have delicious recipes straight into your inbox. What is more as a thank you I will send you my soup ebook for FREE!
Subscribe today 🙂
Signup and get my FREE soup cookbook.
Also find me on:
Let's share the food love and make the world a tastier place 🙂
Parsnip and Bacon Pasta
- 200 g bacon (streaky bacon is best)
- 2 parsnips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 400 g dried spaghetti
- 20 g butter
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 handful Parmesan cheese (grated)
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Chop the bacon into small chunks.
- Peel the parsnip and cut into small dice.
- Grate or chop the garlic until very small.
- Pour the oil into a large frying pan and once hot, fry your bacon over a low heat, so the fat melts. Continue cooking until it starts to crisp. Add the parsnip to the pan along with the rosemary and garlic.
- Place the frying pan over the lowest heat you can and leave to cook slowly whilst you cook the pasta as per the instructions on the packet.
- When the pasta is cooked remove 1 cup of the cooking water and then drain well.
- Tip the pasta into the parsnip mix, add the butter and parmesan, and then about ¼ of the reserved water.
- Stir everything together until you have a creamy, glossy sauce. If it looks a little dry then add more of the pasta water.
- Serve immediately with some extra parmesan.