This recipe is everything you want from a pasta dish. It is quick, easy and tastes delicious! It is spicy, rich and vegetarian! Should I keep going? It is warming, filling and….okay I’ll stop. But you get the idea. This is an amazing dish to have up your sleeve!
This week I have spent some time clearing up my pantry. It was getting really crazy in there!!! On Monday night the vegemite was no where to be found so I rummage about a bit and managed to knock an open bag of icing sugar off the top shelf! It went all over the shelves, me, and the floor! I was not a happy bunny! I know it should have been in a tupperware, but it wasn’t, it was at the top of the pantry held closed by one of those little sticky tabs that come with the packet, i.e not really closed at all!
After I swept up what I could, I decided that a pantry overhaul was required. How right I was, amongst the numerous tins of tomatoes, lentils and chickpeas I found two jars of fennel seeds (who needs two jars??!?!) a jar of dried oregano, a refill packet of oregano and an empty oregano jar, two jars of roasted capsicum and my favourite discovery of all….13 unopened packets of pasta! Yes 13!!! Broken down into 3 packets of spaghetti, 4 packets of linguine, 3 bags of penne, 2 bags of macaroni and 1 packet of mini shells!!!! I have crowned myself the queen of pasta and will be using the macaroni to make my own homemade crown!!!!! 😉
What can I say?? I love pasta! But 13 packets!!!! I am well prepared for an Italian extravaganza! If you don’t enjoy pasta then you might want to avoid my blog over the next few weeks. Actually please don’t do that, I love having you around!
So with all of this in my head yesterday for lunch I whipped up some red chilli pesto (get the recipe here), cooked up a very big pan of linguine and made myself the best lunch: Red Chilli Pesto Pasta. Then to tame the heat and add a wonderful contrast, I dolloped on a spoonful of creamy mascarpone. Totally worth it!!!!
If you love this recipe why not subscribe to my newsletter, then you can have delicious recipes straight into your inbox. What is more as a thank you I will send you my soup ebook for FREE!
Subscribe today 🙂
Signup and get my FREE soup cookbook.
Also find me on:
Let’s share the food love and make the world a tastier place 🙂
Red Chilli Pesto Pasta with Mascarpone
- 500 g linguine
- 6 tbsp chilli pesto (store bought or homemade)
- 4 tbsp mascarpone
- fresh basil (garnish)
- parmesan (garnish)
- Bring a large pan of water to a rolling boil.
- Salt generously and add the pasta.
- Cook your linguine for a minute less than the packet suggests.
- Check your pasta, it should be on the verge of being cooked but with some bite.
- Scoop 1/4 cup of the pasta water out and set to one side.
- Drain the remaining water away and return the pasta to the pan.
- Spoon over the pesto and stir well.
- Add the reserved water and stir everything together over a low heat, until coated and glossy.
- Divide the pasta between 4 plates, add a spoonful of mascarpone, a sprinkling of parmesan and some basil leaves.
- Eat with gusto 🙂