Corn on the Cob in the Microwave is a super convenient, time-saving method that doesn't sacrifice an ounce of that sweet, juicy goodness. This little kitchen hack saves you time, cooks your corn perfectly, and takes care of that annoying husk and silk situation in one easy step.
I have a love-hate relationship with cooking corn. Sure, it's delicious, but wrestling with those clingy husks and silk? Nope! I cannot stand the silks. But this game-changing method is as easy as it is satisfying! You cook the corn in the husk, and then the husk and silks effortlessly slip away from the corn!
The microwave might not be traditional, but it is a fantastic way to cook corn! We're not sacrificing taste here – we're maximizing convenience. And the corn has the sweetest undiluted flavor.
These notes are here to help make this recipe a success; they cover some but not all ingredients. For a complete ingredient list, check out the recipe card below.
Corn on the Cob: You want to buy firm cobs with no soft spots on them. Also, find corn that is still fully covered in husks. They work best with this method. I have some tips below if your corn isn't fully covered in husk.
We've tested this recipe at least 3 times to ensure it works well for you. Have a look at our tips for getting the best dish you can!
- The corn works best if they are fully covered in husks (like the one above), as the husks keep the moisture inside so the corn will steam. This adds extra corn flavor.
- If your husk has been partially removed, you can wrap the corn in a damp kitchen towel to mimic the effect of the husk.
- You can cook multiple corns together in the microwave. But you will need to add extra cooking time. 2 cobs will take 5 minutes.
- Once the corn has been in the microwave, you want to cut off the end and remove the husk immediately. The corn will be hot, so use a tea towel or oven mitt to hold it.
- If you want to grill the corn after removing the husks and silks, microwave it for half the time, remove the husks, and then grill as per your recipe.
Why You'll Love This Corn on the Cob in the Microwave
Recipes using corn:
If you make this Corn on the cob in the microwave, please come back and comment. You can also tag me on social media.
Any questions about the recipe? Use the comments section below.
Get the Recipe
Corn on the Cob in the Microwave
- 2 medium ear corn , husk on
- Don't remove the husk of the corn.
- Place the cobs in the microwave and cook on a high setting for 5 minutes.
- Remove the ears of corn from the microwave. (They will be hot, so use tongs or a clean tea towel to protect your hands.)
- Place the corn on a chopping board.
- Use a sharp knife to cut the stem end of the corn off about ½ inch/1.5cm from the bottom.
- Use a cloth to protect you from the heat, slide off the husk and the silks. They should glide off easily.
- If you cook more than 2 ears of corn, add 2 extra minutes for every corn.
- Adjust the cooking time depending on the power of your microwave.
Nutrition is per serving