Honey Lime Chicken Wings. Sticky, sweet and tangy chicken wings. These are super simple to make. A guaranteed crowd pleaser!!! Just remember the napkins!
We went to Ikea at the weekend. Yes you heard me correctly. Ikea at the WEEKEND! Yes I think I am a little mad! Stew and I sat on every sofa going, decided we couldn't agree on one. So went back to the beginning and sat on them all again! It is a good job we are still at sand pad stage on the house. It will take us 3 months to find a sofa that fits our budget, our style and we both think is comfortable!
Every sofa I sat on, I curled a foot up and snuggled into the arm. Stew sat straight down and faced forwards, deciding if he thought it supported him (or something!!!) I just wanted to know whether on a Saturday night I would enjoy lounging on it, or if I would feel like I was sat in a doctors waiting room. It is Saturday night, you want some scrummy food, a good movie, a bottle of wine and a comfy sofa. Oh and yoga pants!!!!
So whilst the sofa isn't sorted, I can assure you that wine is never a problem in this house (actually neither are yoga pants!) and scrummy food is what this blog is all about. And tonights recipe is the perfect example of that.
It is a good job I went to Ikea as I came home with a years supply of paper napkins! Perfect for sticky chicken wing fingers. And these honey lime chicken wings are sticky!
I cook them in the oven at a low temperature to start with, so that the honey doesn't char before the chicken is cooked. Then when they are getting juicy, I turn the heat up to crisp and char the sticky, sweet and tangy glaze. Once they have been juiced the limes get thrown in with the chicken, which makes the house smell even more amazing. (Bizarre fact: Cooked limes don't look like limes, they look like lemons!)
(Bizarre fact 2: My computer doesn't like the word scrummy, I have just realised that the spell checker changed it to scummy!!! These have been on my blog for 7 months with 'scummy food' written in the post! must proof read more closely!!!!! DOH!)
If you love this recipe for honey lime chicken wings why not subscribe to my newsletter, then you can have delicious recipes straight into your inbox. What is more as a thank you I will send you my soup ebook for FREE!
Subscribe today 🙂
Signup and get my FREE soup cookbook.
Also find me on:
Let's share the food love and make the world a tastier place 🙂
Honey Lime Chicken Wings
- 12 chicken wings
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 limes
- generous pinch of salt
- Pre-heat you oven to 140ºC/120ºC fan forced/Gas mark 1.
- Line a roasting tin with cooking paper.
- Lay the chicken out in a single layer.
- Measure out the olive oil and drizzle over the chicken.
- Without washing up the spoon, measure out the honey. Drizzle it over the chicken. It should slide easily off the spoon.
- Cut the lines in half and squeeze the juice over the chicken. Nestle the cut limes in-between the chicken.
- Season with salt and place in the oven for 25 minutes.
- After this time turn the heat up to 200ºC/180ºC fan forced/Gas mark 6 and cook for a further 20 minutes until crisp, charred and sticky.
- Serve with extra wedges of lime (and maybe some napkins)