These Feta and Honey Bites with Green Chilli are the perfect little bite. Sweet from the honey, salty from the feta, fruity from the grape and then the chilli hits your lips and everything goes POW!!!
Guess what today is??!?!?! You’ll never guess so I will tell you 😉
Today is International Winnie The Pooh Day! Which is why I am sharing these Feta and Honey Bites with Green Chilli. They are so very good, and I mean really good! And obviously they have honey in them, which we all know is Pooh Bears total favourite food. Because Pooh is famous for his love of eating. Like my food musing for the week says “What could be more important than a little something to eat”.
I love Winnie the Pooh.
When I passed my driving test I got a Winnie the Pooh teddy from a friend to put in my car and he sat in every car I have ever had since. Which is why he survived our house fire! He now sits on a shelving unit in my living room, chilling with Paddington! 😉
I am not sure Winnie the Pooh would actually approve of these Feta and Honey Bites as there is only a small amount of honey on them. But I have plenty of other honey recipes in a post coming later today. I asked my fabulous blogging friends for some honey based recipes so I have a nice list of them coming later.
The beauty of these little bites, well other than they taste A-MA-ZING, is they are super easy to make and take about 10 minutes to cook. So they are just perfect for serving with drinks when you have friends over. In fact I am featuring these in my Saturday Supper with Friends post coming later in the week – well coming Saturday but think you might have guessed that 😉
But for now I will leave you with these scrumdidily little morsels!
Come play on Pinterest.
Also find me on:
Let’s share the food love and make the world a tastier place 🙂
- 1 sheet of puff pastry
- 50 g /2oz feta cheese
- 8 red grapes
- 2 tablespoons runny honey
- 1/2 green chilli
- Bake in preheated oven at 180ºC/350ºF
- Ensure your pastry is defrosted and then cut out 16 disks using a 5cm/2" cookie cutter.
- Lay the disks on a lined baking tray.
- Use a fork to prick the very centre of the disks then crumble a little feta cheese into the very middle.
- Cut the grapes into quarters and add two quarters to each disk.
- Drizzle over the honey.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until the pastry has puffed and is a light golden colour
- Whilst the bites are baking finely chop the green chilli. (remove the seeds and pith for a milder taste)
- Sprinkle over the green chilli and serve warm.
If you love food why not subscribe to my newsletter, I will drop you an email every now and then, just to say hi and send you a couple of recipes think you might love, like these Feta and Honey Bites with Green Chilli.
It isn’t everyday! I am not that organised. Usually it is once a week (ish). And as a thank you I will send you my soup cookbook FREE. Full of my fav soups!
Subscribe today 🙂