Everyone will love these Cauliflower Cheese Chicken Fritters. Not only do they make great party finger food they they are perfect for a mid-week family meal. Light, crispy, and packed with cauliflower, these are always demolished.
This is a recipe I shared back in 2014, when I knew very little about taking photos, even less about writing blog posts and zero about SEO and site optimisation.
Fast forward 3 years and my blog has changed a little 😉 my photos are infinitely better, I waffle on about recipes for at least 300 words now and I know something about SEO (but not much!!!)
When I posted first posted these Cauliflower Cheese Chicken Fritters this is what I wrote:
“These are a great way to hide cauliflower for kids! My boys are not cauliflower fans, but hidden in these cheesy fritters they demolish a portion easily.
This mixture is also great turned into meatballs and served with marinara sauce over pasta.”
That is it!!!!!!
No mention of what they were called, no hints about cooking them, no funny story, nothing. Just 3 lines and a recipe.
Oh and a pretty awful picture of them! (there is a screen shot at the end of this post 😉 just so you can see how bad it was!!!)
So today I am re-writing this, adding some new updated pictures and pulling it to the top of my blog. As I said back then, these are great for kids as the cauliflower is hidden away, it binds everything together but doesn’t scream ‘I’m here’.
My boys cannot stand cauliflower but they will happily eat these fritters. The cheese and the chicken mince bulk them out, make them taste delicious and turn a boring vegetable into a scrummy dinner.
After I had taken photos of these Cauliflower Cheese Chicken Fritters I gave away a batch to a darling friend.
Her girls loved them, so she made them again herself using some turkey mince (ground turkey). They were a big hit, so feel free to substitute in turkey mince.
How to Cook Chicken Fritters
I have given two methods for cooking these chicken fritters.
My preferred method is to start them off in a frying pan and then transfer them to the oven. This way you get a nice crisp outside and the inside is juicy and delicious.
You can spray the raw fritters with spray oil and then bake them from start to finished. This doesn’t give such crispy results but it does cut down the fat. (I don’t like using spray oil as I always seem to spray it over the back of the cooker!!!)
(The nutritional values below are for 4 fritters and it doesn’t take into account any oil used.)
p.s if cheese and chicken is your jam, then check out these amazing Goat Cheese Rosemary Baked Chicken Meatballs from the lovely Madison over at A Joyfully Mad Kitchen.
Come play on Pinterest.
Also find me on:
Let’s share the food love and make the world a tastier place 🙂
Cauliflower Cheese Chicken Fritters
- 1 small whole cauliflower
- 1 lb chicken mince
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar/Monterey Jack
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- olive oil for cooking
- Preheat oven to 200ºC/390ºF.
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil (don't salt it)
- Cut the cauliflower into florets and cook until tender and soft.
- Drain and allow to cool slightly before chopping into small pieces.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the cooled chopped cauliflower.
- Mix well until combined and the cauliflower has broken down further.
- Use a 1/4 cup measure (or 3 tbsp) and divide the mixture into fritters. You should get 16 fritters out of the mixture.
To cook on the hob and oven
- Place a large heavy based frying pan over a medium heat.
- Add a splash of oil and cook the fritters for a minute until golden, flip and cook on the other side.
- Remove the fritters to a lined baking sheet and cook the remaining mixture.
- Once they are all crisped baking for 15 minutes until cooked through.
Alternatively you can cook them completely in the oven.
- Pre-heat the oven as above.
- Place the raw fritters on a lined baking sheet.
- Spray with oil and bake for 20-25 minutes turning once.
To cook completely on the hob
- Place a large heavy based frying pan over a medium heat.Add a splash of oil and cook the fritters for 4 minute until golden, then flip and cook on the other side for a further 3/4 minutes.
If you love food why not subscribe to my newsletter, I will drop you an email every now and then, just to say hi and send you a couple of recipes think you might love, like these Cauliflower Cheese Chicken Fritters.
It isn’t everyday! I am not that organised. Usually it is once a week (ish). And as a thank you I will send you my soup cookbook FREE. Full of my fav soups!
Subscribe today 🙂
Just incase you want to see the terrible way I first posted these Cauliflower Cheese Chicken Fritters ……