This ‘Witches Brew’- halloween cocktail is so stunning. Based on a Purple Hooter, the vivid colour is dramatically beautiful, but with a dark eerie feel perfect for a halloween party.
Served in sugar rimmed shot glasses this witches brew is a wonderful addition to a party at any time of year. But the dark purple colour makes it extra perfect (is that even a phrase???) to serve up as a halloween cocktail.
If you want a longer drink, replace the lime juice with a citrus soda and serve in a highball with crushed ice. I would still rim the glass with sugar as I love the sweet hit you get and it looks so pretty!
If you can find it, black sugar would be a great to use on the glass rim, but for those looking to use what is already in their pantry (assuming I suppose black sugar isn’t in there!!!) I mix lime juice with some dark purple food colouring, dip the glasses in that and then into castor sugar, The food colouring soaks into the sugar giving it a purple hue.
If you love this recipe for this Halloween Cocktail why not pin it for later.
Come play on Pinterest!
I share a lot of food!!!! And quite a lot of other stuff! Come find me today x
This 'Witches Brew'- halloween cocktail is so stunning. Based on a Purple Hooter, the vivid colour is dramatically beautiful, but with a dark eerie feel perfect for a halloween party.
- 1 fresh lime
- 3 drops purple food colouring
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 cup vodka (Black vodka is even better)
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup raspberry liqueur
- Start by preparing the shot glasses.
- Cut the lime in half and squeeze the juice together into a saucer.
- Add the purple food colouring and mix with a cocktail stick.
- Place the sugar in a second saucer.
- Dip the shot glasses into the lime juice and then into the sugar.
- Set to one side.
- Cut the lime in halfPour the ingredients into a cocktail shaker. Add the ice.
- Shake well.
- Strain into the prepared shot glass.
The nutritional information is based on the cocktail without the sugar rim.