Firm meaty swordfish served with a spicy, fresh and fruity salsa. This dish is the perfect dish for bringing Summer into Autumn or welcoming in the warmer weather of Spring. In fact it is perfect all year around!!!!
I am Claire and I am an igniter of tastebuds! (Do Read On!!!)
I have been doing a course for the last 8 weeks, a mumpreneur course. A inspiring course that has taught me so many things about how to run a business from home and hopefully how to turn my little blog and love of cooking into a fully functioning bill paying business. I have dreams one day of building a wonderful cabin in the garden and running cookery classes. That is a long way off, but I am on my way with an in-home cookery class booked in and a request for a second one to be confirmed.
Which is where the phrase 'I am Claire and I am an igniter of tastebuds' comes from. We had to write a tag line/introductory line. I won't lie, mine was rubbish!!! It didn't sparkle. It didn't really show the passion that I feel. So our co-ordinator wrote one for me, I was then challenged to make sure it appeared on the blog. Well Belle and Amanda it is in here.... twice 😉
BUT, I do actually think this dish ignites your tastes buds! It is such a simple dish but with such an wonderful mix of tastes and textures. You have firm fish, some beautifully sweet nectarine, the spice from the chillies, the crunch of the red onion, the zesty fresh taste of lime, grassy herbs and a perfect hint of salt. I am so in love with this salsa, that I demolished my fish almost as soon as I was done shooting.....then I may have eaten the fruity salsa off the other plate too!!! I had to make an extra batch for Stew 😳 obviously I had to eat some of that too!!!! Salsa overload???? Nah!! Fruity Salsa loving!
This would work well with chicken or pork, and it is also great stuffed into homemade flour tortillas (get my recipe here) 🙂
So cook this up, pour a glass of wine and tell everyone you are igniting their taste buds 😉
If you love this recipe for Swordfish with a Spicy Fruity Salsa why not subscribe to my newsletter, then you can have delicious recipes straight into your inbox. What is more, as a thank you I will send you my soup ebook for FREE!
Subscribe today 🙂
Signup and get my FREE soup cookbook.
Also find me on:
Let's share the food love and make the world a tastier place 🙂
Swordfish with a Spicy Fruity Salsa
- 2 ripe nectarines
- ½ red onion
- ½ small red capsicum
- 1 chilli - red or green
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- ½ tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 swordfish steaks
- 2 tablespoon chopped coriander
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- sea salt flakes
- Lime for garnish
- Cut the nectarines in half and then twist them, remove the stones and cut the flesh into bite sized chunks.
- Finely dice the red onion, red capsicum and chilli.
- Mix everything together and then dress with the lime juice and olive oil. Mix through the coriander, parsley and a pinch of salt then set aside.
- Place a heavy based frying pan over a medium high heat.
- Pat the swordfish steaks dry and rub them with a small amount of oil.
- Fry the swordfish for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Serve the fish with plenty of salsa and an extra sprinkling of course sea salt.