These roasted brussels sprouts are a revelation!!! Deliciously charred, with a fabulously sweet, sour, spicy and salty dressing. I can guarantee that these will be demolished!!!
Now it is no secret that I love roasting vegetables!
But this recipe today is one I am super excited about! It is based on a dish from David Chang’s Sydney restaurant, Momofuku Seibo. He is a genius when it comes to Korean food! Bringing a new twist to dishes and serving dishes that pack a punch.
This dish is no exception! Even if you don’t like brussels this is worth a try. They become little balls of smoky, sweet, salty deliciousness. Ha that really helps you imagine tasting them doesn’t it!!! I am finding it quite hard to describe them! They are just yum! You’ll have to make them and see for yourself 😉
And do let me know in the comments. I think brussels are a bit like vegemite, you either love them or hate them. But if ever there was a dish that could convert a brussels hater, well then this is the one.
The key to the dish is the heavily charred and roasted brussels. You want to try and buy the baby ones. This means they will be nice and sweet.
Fish sauce is such a funky ingredient, it smells like stinky stale fish but it adds such a rich salty flavour to dishes. Mixed with sugar, rice wine vinegar, garlic, chilli and lime, it creates the most amazing dressing. It is so good on pretty much anything! (Well maybe not ice cream!!!) But today I am serving it with tasty charred brussels.
Seriously so good! I promise you won’t be disappointed x
Yesterday in my Cherrytini post I promised you a bit of news.
Well we are no longer a family of 4!!! Yesterday we gained a little bundle of craziness. Say hello to Lulu!
A few more pics of her down below the recipe 🙂 and I am pretty sure she will be making a regular appearance on Sprinkles and Sprouts!!!!
If you love this recipe for Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Fish Sauce Vinaigrette why not pin it for later.
Also find me on:
Let’s share the food love and make the world a tastier place 🙂
Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Fish Sauce Vinaigrette
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 red birds-eye chillies
- 1 bunch of fresh coriander (leaves and stems)
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 2 tbsp raw sugar
- 1 lb brussels sprouts (the small/baby ones are better as they taste sweeter)
- 1 tbsp neutral oil (canola/vegetable/grapeseed)
- small handful of fresh mint
- Pre-heat the oven to 200ºÇ/400ºF
- Finely chop the garlic and the red chillies.
- Remove the leaves from the coriander and set aside for later.
- Finely chop the stems and add them to a bowl along with the garlic and chilli
- Add in the fish sauce, water, vinegar, lime juice and sugar.
- Stir well and then set aside.
- Pull any stray or damaged leaves from the brussels sprouts, then cut them in half. (See notes)
- Place the brussels into a large roasting tin and sprinkle with the oil.
- Roast in the oven for 15 minutes. After this time give the tray a good shake and roast for a further 10-15 minutes. (see notes)
- The brussels are cooked with they are tender, and starting to char in places.
- Once the brussels are cooked remove them from the oven and transfer to a serving dish. Let them sit for 10 minutes at room temperature.
- When the brussels are having their rest, finely chop coriander leaves and fresh mint. Add these to the dressing.
- Pour the dressing over the brussels and serve them warm (rather than hot)
If you can only find the larger brussels sprouts this is still delicious, but I would suggest cutting them into quarters so they cook at about the same speed.
If you love food why not subscribe to my newsletter, I will drop you an email every now and then, just to say hi and send you a couple of recipes I think you might love. It isn’t everyday! I am not that organised. Usually it is once a week (ish). And as a thank you I will send you my soup cookbook FREE. Full of my fav soups!
Subscribe today 🙂
Signup and get my FREE soup cookbook.
A couple more pictures of our pup! (She seems to have a love of my microfibre cloths!!!!)