Juicy chicken infused with pepper and rosemary, wrapped in salty prosciutto and glazed with maple syrup. This is packed with flavour and so simple to make. Serve it with my roasted root veg and you have a healthy and achievable mid-week roast.
I actually sometime pop the chicken onto of the veg to cook! Just start the veg off and after 15 minutes add the chicken.
Baked chicken!! It is my fall back, go to dinner. (I have a whole collection of them here!!) As you can tell I just love oven baked chicken dishes!!!!! But when you add prosciutto to the mix! Well life is complete and everyone can go to bed happy 🙂
Really this is a 4 ingredient dish (I class salt, pepper and olive oil as free ingredients)
4 ingredients and a delicious dish with so little effort!!! Winner winner chicken dinner 🙂 This is actually really nice cold as well, once it has cooled down you can cut it into thin rounds and serve it on sandwiches with a little peppery rocket and a smear of mayo. (Check out my Mayonnaise video! So simple to make your own mayo at home)
This post was meant to go live yesterday!!! But I made a small error and scheduled it for 4th August 2017 (oops!!!) So I am posting this now, but I promise I will be back with my Friday cocktail 😮 Stay tuned. Can’t share yet as I still have to go get the boys from school. Then I can pour myself a drink and welcome in the weekend. Woo woo But if you want a little spoiler, head on over to Facebook. There is a video trailer for it 😉
Anyway, I am forgetting the chicken!!! And that is just not on!
If you love this recipe for Prosciutto Wrapped Chicken why not subscribe to my newsletter, then you can have delicious recipes straight into your inbox. What is more, as a thank you I will send you my soup ebook for FREE!
Subscribe today 🙂
Signup and get my FREE soup cookbook.
Also find me on:
Let’s share the food love and make the world a tastier place 🙂
Prosciutto Wrapped Chicken
- 4 chicken thighs
- black pepper
- 4 sprigs of rosemary
- 4 slices Prosciutto
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Pre-heat the oven to 200ºC/390ºF.
- Lay the chicken thighs out flat on a chopping board and season generously with black pepper and a small amount of salt.
- Cut each sprig of rosemary in half and lay 2 piece in the middle of each chicken thigh.
- Roll a strip of prosciutto around each chicken thigh, and them place in a baking dish with the prosciutto seam down.
- Mix the olive oil and maple syrup together and then use a pastry brush to glaze the bacon and exposed chicken.
- Roast for 25-30 minutes, until everything is golden and crispy.