Popcorn Brownie with White Chocolate. Yes this is a dark Chocolate brownie mixed with popcorn and white chocolate, have you ever read a better opening line? They are three of my favourite sweet treats all combined together in one delicious bite. A little bit different but a whole lot delicious.
The beauty of this brownie comes from the contract between the fudgy melt in your mouth brownie and the crunchy chewy popcorn.
The popcorn does compress as you bake it, so rather than a puffy air pocket you get the toasted flavor of popcorn and delicious crunchy chewy bits. So good guys!!! My kids ate two squares when they got home from school and I caught them trying to sneak a third!!!
You can use store bought popcorn or pop your own. I haven’t tried it yet but I am thinking these would be especially delicious with caramel coated popcorn….DROOL!!!
P.S If popcorn isn’t your thing or you want something different then try my Birthday Brownies…they are the original and the best fudgy brownies in the WORLD!!!!
Why not pin this recipe for Popcorn Brownie with White Chocolate for later. Pin it here
Popcorn Brownie with White Chocolate
- 1 stick salted butter
- 1 1/4 cups semi-sweet chocolate melts or chips (dark chocolate)
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour (plain flour)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 4 cups popped popcorn
- 1 cup white chocolate buttons
- Pre-heat oven to 350ºF/175ºC/Gas Mark 4.
- Line a baking tin with cooking paper.
- Chop the butter into small pieces and tip into a glass bowl.
- Add the chocolate melts to the bowl and then melt in the microwave (start with 2 minutes on half power and check)
- Measure the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt into a seperate bowl and stir gently to combine.
- When the chocolate has melted add the sugar and stir well to combine.
- Crack the eggs into the chocolate mixture one at a time, stirring between each egg until completely smooth.
- Add the dry ingredients to the chocolate mixture and fold together until just combined.
- Add in the popcorn and white chocolate. Stir gently.
- Pour the batter into your prepared tin and bake for 30-35 minutes. (see notes)
- Allow to brownie to cool for 10 mins in the pan.
- Cut into bite sized pieces and sprinkle with icing sugar to serve
If you love food why not subscribe to my newsletter, I will drop you an email every now and then, just to say hi and send you a couple of recipes think you might love, like these Popcorn Brownie with White Chocolate.
It isn’t everyday! I am not that organised. Usually it is once a week (ish). And as a thank you I will send you my soup cookbook FREE. Full of my fav soups!
Subscribe today 🙂