These Moroccan chicken skewers are a must. They are simple to make, taste delicious and are pretty much zero effort!
The hardest job you have is pushing the chicken onto a skewer! All the work is done by the wonderful mix of spices that take plain chicken into a taste explosion!
Served for dinner or as nibbles with drinks on game day!!! These are perfect for all the family.
Before I share the recipe for these delicious and simple Moroccan chicken skewers I have some BIG news. And I mean BIG BIG BIG news!!!!
WE HAVE MOVED HOME!!!!!!
After a few very busy weeks we are finally back at 'Rickety Cottage'. Although it isn't really that rickety any more! Not that I am complaining! It is bright, airy and a wonderful replacement to the house I fell in love with!
But for now I want to share a great recipe. This is an all year round recipe. Perfect for throwing on the barbie and serving with salad but just as perfect for cooking inside and serving with some buttery couscous. When we ate it, given that we have been seeing temperatures in the high 30ºC's, we enjoyed it with salad, tzatziki and flat breads.
The marinade for this is super simple, you throw a few spices into a bag and a while later you get chicken that is packed full of flavour. Amazing warming rich flavour! Seriously amazing intense flavour!
If you are using wooden skewers, put them in a jug of water to soak. This helps to stop them burning when you cook the chicken.
Moroccan Chicken Skewers
- 1.5 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts or chicken tenderloins
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp Moroccan Spice Blend
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves
- Wooden/metal kebab skewers
- If using full breasts, slice the meat into thin strips.
- Measure the salt, sugar, paprika, cumin, coriander, ginger, cinnamon and cayenne pepper (if using) into a large zip lock bag.
- Shake the bag well so the spices are well mixed.
- Place the chicken into the bag and then pour in the olive oil.
- Squish everything about until it is well mixed.
- Then crush in the garlic and give it another good squish.
- Place the bag in the fridge for an hour.
- Once the chicken has marinated carefully thread the slices of chicken onto your skewers.
- They can now be cooked or covered in clingfilm and refrigerated until needed.
- To cook, heat the BBQ/griddle or large frying pan over a medium high heat.
- Then cook the skewers for 2 minutes on each side until cooked through.