Juicy beef meatballs, spiked with wonderful Mexican flavours. These Mexican Meatballs are like chilli con carne in meatball form!!! Perfect for lunch, dinner or as a snack.
When I posted my Moroccan Lamb Meatballs last week, I mentioned how much I loved meatballs and how many meatball recipes I had to share, I got a comment from Beth saying I should start Meatball Monday. It goes without saying that I have crowned Beth a genius!!!!
So this is the first post in my Meatball Monday plan. It is going to take over the world a bit like Taco Tuesday!!! Not that I believe you can only eat meatballs on a Monday!!!! No just that I will only be sharing meatballs on a Monday. (I also don't believe tacos are just for Tuesday!!!!) Eat meatballs everyday if you wish, and check back here every Monday for a new meatball recipe 🙂
Lets make #meatballmonday a world wide trend.
Don't you think Beth is a genius???? Watch out Meatball Monday is here!!!!!!!!
So I thought I would start with a mexican meatball. Juicy beef combined with the wonderful rich and delicious flavours of a mexican chilli. Today we are eating these with my apple and pomegranate salsa and soft flour tortillas.
But there are so many ways to serve these. Add them to your favourite chilli sauce. Serve them as an appetiser, put them in a lunch box and take them for lunch. Or just eat them straight from the fridge 😳
If you love this recipe for Mexican meatballs why not subscribe to my newsletter, then you can have delicious recipes straight into your inbox. What is more, as a thank you I will send you my soup ebook for FREE!
Subscribe today 🙂
Signup and get my FREE soup cookbook.
Also find me on:
Let's share the food love and make the world a tastier place 🙂
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon chilli powder
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- pinch nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon tomato puree
- 1 egg
- 1 slice of white bread
- 1 lb ground beef (beef mince)
- 2 teaspoon vegetable oil
- Peel the onion and garlic then place them in a food processor.
- Blitz until you have a fine mush. (You might need to stop and push the mixture down from the sides a few times)
- Add all the herbs, spices and tomato paste, then crack in the egg.
- Blitz again until well combined.
- Remove the crusts from the bread and add it to the mixture.
- Pulse the processor until the bread is just broken up, then pour the mush into a large bowl.
- Add the beef and use your hands to squish everything together until well mixed.
- Shape the picture into balls.
- For wraps and appetisers I like to use about a teaspoon of mixture for each meatball.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan until hot, then add the meatballs and cook for 3-4 minutes until cooked through.