This black bean dip can be made in under 5 minutes! It tastes rich and creamy but is actually a very healthy snack. Serve it with tortilla chips as an easy appetizer, perfect for parties, game day or Cinco De Mayo.
So let's be honest this black bean dip isn't the most attractive of dips! But what it lacks in appearance it make up for in taste! The beans give it a creamy texture, but this black bean dip is super healthy, plus it is vegan and gluten free.
To get the wonderful creamy texture you will need a food processor. Add the beans, the roots of some fresh cilantro, a splash of water from the bean cans, a few Mexican spices and give it all a good whizz up.
To give this black bean dip a little more visual appeal I like to drizzle it with oil just before I serve it. It adds a lovely sheen to the dip (Olive oil or avocado oil are good options).
I served this black bean dip up as part of a dips for lunch theme. There was black bean dip, prepare ahead guacamole, pico de gallo, a sweet potato dip and a pot of sour cream with chives. All with blue corn chips, white corn chips and homemade soft flour tortillas (my personal fav!)
Really it was the perfect Cinco de Mayo platter. Or a wonderful way to snack and enjoy the game with friends.
Plus being healthy that means there is definitely space for some churros and mexican hot chocolate!!!
Why not pin this recipe for this Black Bean Dip for later. Pin it here
Get the Recipe
Black Bean Dip (Vegan and Gluten Free)
- 2 – 15 oz cans black beans - drained and rinsed (reserve ¼ cup of the liquid from the can)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoon fresh cilantro roots
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Add everything (except the reserved liquid and olive oil) to a food processor and blitz until you have a finely chopped mixture.
- Pour in 1 tablespoon of the reserved liquid and puree again.
- Add the liquid gradually until you have a dip consistency.
- Refrigerate until needed.
- Drizzle with olive oil just before serving.
Nutrition is per serving
Black Bean Dip Anecdote
(aka my recipe ramble for those who love the waffle)
Okay so this isn't to do with my dip......
This is more to do with a personal goal!
Today marks 2 weeks without caffeine!
I just had to share as I am a little bit proud of myself 😀
(p.s if you want to eat this dip with a spoon...I won't judge 😉 )