Christmas Fettuccine. Creamy, comforting pasta. Spiked with rosemary, a hint of lemon and plenty of parmesan. This dish is perfect for cozying down with on Christmas eve. Pour a glass of wine, get a movie on and fork pasta to mouth in a comforting fashion.
Do you have a favourite Christmas movie? I have a few. I love ‘While you were Sleeping’, ‘Love Actually’ and ‘The Holiday’. Predictable girly movies they maybe but they make me smile and I love them.
This particular dish is inspired by ‘The Holiday’. Have you seen it? If you have then you will probably understand the title. Christmas Fettuccine is what Iris says she will cook for Miles. Then she spills her heart to him and he says he will make her pasta. meanwhile back in England Amanda settles down to a big bowl of pasta. Hmmmm, don’t think I could ever make it as a presenter on Film 2015 (UK equivalent of ‘At the Movies’).
Here’s a clip….just in case you have no idea what I am talking about. Which is probably very likely 😉 (Just a heads up, there is one mention of the f-word.)
Christmas Fettuccine. All makes sense now, doesn’t it 😉
The only problem is they never actually say what is in Christmas fettuccine. It looks creamy but that is all you really get. So I have made my own Christmas fettuccine up. It is sort of a butchered carbonara. But with a Christmas twist. Well I say a Christmas twist as I think rosemary looks Christmassy and I have added some capsicum to give it a hint of red. Red, green and white. Like a holly bush covered in snow. Although the pasta is more yellow than white……and no one wants yellow snow!!!! :;-) So holly bush in the sand, which is much more fitting for Australia anyway 😉
If you love this recipe why not subscribe to my newsletter, then you can have delicious recipes straight into your inbox. What is more as a thank you I will send you my soup ebook for FREE!
Subscribe today 🙂
Signup and get my FREE soup cookbook.
Also find me on:
Let’s share the food love and make the world a tastier place 🙂
- 1/2 red capsicum
- 100 g butter
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 400 g fettuccine (see notes)
- 4 eggs (at room temp)
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 50 g parmesan
- salt and pepper
- Start by chopping the capsicum into small dice.
- Place the butter in a small frying pan, add the capsicum and rosemary then place over a low heat and gently melt the butter. Cook for 3-4 minutes, remove from the heat and add the lemon juice. Set aside.
- Meanwhile bring a large pan of water to the boil and then salt generously. Add the pasta and cook for 1 minutes less than the packet suggests.
- Crack the eggs into a large bowl and whisk until they are well combined, season. Add the parsley and then grate in all of the parmesan.
- Check the pasta, if it is cooked to your liking remove it from the heat.
- Working quickly, add the hot pasta to the the egg mixture and then use tongs to lift and turn the pasta until you have a creamy sauce. About 2 minutes.
- Pour over the melted butter and toss again until well mixed and glossy.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper and eat straight away.