Yesterday I shared a homemade cajun seasoning blend and today I want to give you one way of using it (well other than the ideas I gave you yesterday) confused yet??? 😉
I made these cajun spiced potatoes last week for the boys and I, then packed up some extra ones for Stew's lunch. He must have loved them as I got a text at lunchtime that said "Those potatoes. LUSH x"
I think that is a pretty good endorsement, but if you need further convincing let me tell you that these beauties taste buttery and rich yet have a warmth and spice to them that makes you want to scrape your plate with your finger. They aren't chilly spicy, just aromatic and flavourful. But if you want to pep them up a bit then you can add an extra dash of cayenne pepper to them. Alternatively if you are making your own spice blend up you can make the whole batch spicier.
The potatoes are boiled first and then finished in the oven, to slightly crisp. This means you get the really fluffy centres and just a small crunch. This is the way the boys like them, as they are funny about crunchy potatoes....no idea why! They loves chips, but give them crispy fries or crispy potatoes and they always leave the really crispy ones. Conclusion? Kids are just odd!
We served them with some pan fried chicken thighs and salad, but they will work well with steak or a fillet of fish. Or chop them in half before you roast them and serve them along side drinks.
If you love this recipe why not subscribe to my newsletter, then you can have delicious recipes straight into your inbox. What is more as a thank you I will send you my soup ebook for FREE!
Subscribe today 🙂
Signup and get my FREE soup cookbook.
Also find me on:
Let's share the food love and make the world a tastier place 🙂
Cajun Spiced Potatoes with Sour Cream
- 500 g baby potatoes
- 3 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon sour cream (optional)
- Place the baby potatoes into a pan of boiling water and boil for 15 minutes until tender.
- Drain immediately and allow the potatoes to steam dry in the colander.
- Pre-heat the oven to 200ºC/180ºC fan forced/Gas mark 6.
- Place the potatoes into a small roasting dish, pour over the oil and roll them about to coat.
- Sprinkle over the cajun seasoning and then roll the dish some more to makes sure each potato has a seasoned coat.
- Roast for 10-15 minutes until slightly crisp and crunchy.
- Serve with some fresh coriander and a dollop of sour cream.