Tender juicy steak, marinated in herbs and spices and then grilled to a crusty perfection. These Brazilian Beef Kebabs are a great mid-week meal. The beef is packed with flavour and with a couple of super simple sides you have a great meal with really very little effort!
Now I know it is #meatballmonday but I am still getting over the fact that it is cold in Australia and that I am no longer lounging by a pool in Bali!!!! I am missing the noodles for breakfast, the afternoon cocktails and the sunset beers on our balcony!!!
Seriously in a end of holiday funk! 🙁
You must all agree???? Wasn’t it better to read my post last week knowing that I wrote it sat on a lounger by a swimming pool?
Join with me in the holiday funk and in the need for barbecue food and fantasies about sunset dinners on the beach!
This isn’t a Balinese dish as I am yet to experiment enough with those. Instead we are heading the the other side of the world! And embracing the Brazilian Barbecue!
So about 10 years ago Brazilian barbecue restaurants were all the rage! And rightly so!
Have you ever been to one? You sit down and order your side dishes, then the waiters will come around with long skewers of barbecued meat and slice it directly onto your plate. Each waiter has a different meat and you can just call them over until you are stuffed! Beef, chicken, lamb, pork, large tiger prawns. Delicious!!! The only thing that is in short supply is vegetables!!! A Brazilian barbecue restaurant isn’t the place to take a vegetarian!!!
But if you are a meat lover then Brazilian barbecue is for you! Now if you have the time and a big group of people then cooking a large chunk of beef and maybe a few chicken breasts is a great option. But for a mid-week meal with all the flavour then you can’t beat these Brazilian beef kebabs. The marinade helps to keep the beef tender and nice and juicy, and also gives it a great crust. But it isn’t a marinade that needs hours, just 30 minutes in this flavourful base is enough to add great depth to the meat.
If you love this recipe for Brazilian Beef Kebabs why not subscribe to my newsletter, then you can have delicious recipes straight into your inbox. What is more, as a thank you I will send you my soup ebook for FREE!
Subscribe today 🙂
Signup and get my FREE soup cookbook.
Also find me on:
Let’s share the food love and make the world a tastier place 🙂
Brazilian Beef Kebabs
- 1 red onion (See notes)
- 60 ml fresh orange juice (1/4 cup)
- 1 lime
- 60 ml olive oil (1/4 cup)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- 1/4 tsp ground fennel
- 1 kg beef rump steak
- Lemon wedges to serve
- Place the onion (see notes) in the food processor along with the orange juice and the juice of the lime, blitz to a thick paste.
- Add in the olive oil, garlic, brown sugar, cumin, salt, paprika, cayenne pepper, black pepper, parsley and fennel, then blitz again until well combined.
- Trim the steak of any thick fat and then cut into large chunks.
- Place the steak and the marinade into a non-reactive bowl (or large zip lock bag) and marinate for 30 minutes.
- Remove the beef from the marinade and thread onto skewers.
- Get your grill (or BBQ) as hot as it will go, then add the skewers and cook for 4-5 minutes turning once until lightly charred.
- Serve with lemon wedges.