This Oven Baked Pumpkin Gnocchi with Thyme and Parmesan is the perfect vegetarian one pot dish for casual entertaining. The sauce is rich and creamy and packed with wonderful fall flavours. The ultimate cheese and pasta bake dinner.
This baked pumpkin gnocchi is the epitome of comfort food!
Pillow of potato gnocchi are baked with sliced pumpkin, onions, cheese and cream.
The result is the most delicious pan of gnocchi ever. It makes the house smell like a big warm hug!
Honestly this might be my favourite gnocchi recipe ever!!!!
This week #SundaySupper are celebrating comforting pasta dishes, You can see them all below the recipe.
When it comes to comforting pasta dishes I think this Baked Pumpkin Gnocchi with Thyme and Parmesan hits the bulls eye. It is a crowd pleaser, and although the recipe takes 50 minutes, for 40 of those the dish is in the oven, so that gives you plenty of time to lay the table and make a quick side salad and an appetizer.
Actually for a rich main dish like this I would suggest rather than a sit down appetizer, perhaps serve a light canapé instead. Something like my Seared Sesame Tuna Bites or just have some delicious olives and a glass of bubbly ready for your guests. I love these citrus herb marinated olives from Amanda, The Chunky Chef.
Then finish the meal with a simple dessert like my Baileys Affogato 99. Simple and delicious!
If you want to dress this dish up, you can bake it in individual dishes, like the picture above. Served like this it is a very elegant yet comforting dish. In smaller dishes like this check the pots after 30 minutes, if a knife goes through the pumpkin easily they are done.
If you love this recipe for Baked Pumpkin Gnocchi with Thyme and Parmesan why not pin it for later.
Come play on Pinterest!
I share a lot of food!!!! And quite a lot of other stuff! Come find me today x
Baked Pumpkin Gnocchi with Thyme and Parmesan #SundaySupper
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1.5 lb store-bought potato gnocchi
- 1.5 lb pumpkin
- 1 red onion
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp thyme leaves
- 2 egg yolks
- 600 ml whipping cream
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- Preheat oven to 390ºF/200°C.
- Grease a 13" round baking dish.
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil, salt it generously and add the gnocchi. Cook it as per the packet instructions and then drain and rinse in cold water.
- Remove any peel from the pumpkin and then use a mandolin or sharp knife to cut it into thin slices (no thicker than 0.2 inch)
- Peel and slice the onion into half moons.
- In a large bowl, mix the cooked gnocchi, sliced pumpkin, onion, olive oil and thyme.
- Whisk the cream together with the egg yolks and half of the mozzarella.
- Pour the mixture over the gnocchi and then transfer to the prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle with the remaining mozzarella and parmesan and bake for 40 minutes until golden and bubbly.
Comfort Food Pasta Recipes #SundaySupper
Must Make Meaty Comfort Food Pasta Recipes
- Bacon Onion Spaetzle by Caroline’s Cooking
- Baked Pasta with Kale and Sausage by Simple and Savory
- Chicken Glorioso Pasta Bake by Sunday Supper Movement
- Creamy Italian Sausage Tortellini Skillet by Soulfully Made
- Gluten Free Chicken Spaghetti Bake by Cricket’s Confections
- Healthy Homemade Hamburger Helper Skillet by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Homemade Spaghetti Noodles with Stuffed Meatballs by The Freshman Cook
- One Pot Chicken Parmesan by Pies and Plots
- Polish Sausage Macaroni and Cheese by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Pot Roast Stroganoff by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Ravioli with Prosciutto & Arugula by Gourmet Everyday
Must Make Veggie Comfort Food Pasta Recipes
- Baked Pumpkin Gnocchi with Thyme and Parmesan by Sprinkles and Sprouts
- Butternut Squash Pasta Bake by Cooking Chat
- Light Fettuccine Alfredo by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Sour Cream and Chive Noodles by Palatable Pastime
- Spinach Stuffed Shells by Hardly A Goddess
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.13