This delicious smoked salmon pasta recipe is perfect date night or when you want something a little special without spending hours in the kitchen.
Smoked salmon, cream, dill and arugula or spinach are mixed through cooked pasta for a speedy and elegant dinner!
The sauce is so easy to put together, making this a dinner for when you are too stressed to cook but still want a big bowl of comfort food!
Smoked salmon Pasta in a nutshell
This pasta dish is what I call a 10 minute supper.
Add pasta and salmon to sauce
Seriously this smoked salmon pasta is as easy as put some pasta on, pour a glass of wine, drink the glass of wine and eat.
Depending on the choice of pasta shape you can cook this in about 9 minutes!
This is wizardry!!! And this pasta tastes amazing. Nothing about it suggests you made it in 10 minutes!
DISCLAIMER: If you don't have an electric kettle to boil your water this will take longer than 10 minutes. But drink a glass of wine whilst the water boils and the time will fly!
What smoked salmon to use in pasta
Smoked salmon can be expensive, but for this recipe you can use those packets of smoked salmon off-cuts. You often find them in the fresh or frozen fish section of the grocery store.
Or if you have some leftover smoked salmon, maybe from Christmas then this is perfect for using those leftovers!
This smoked salmon pasta recipe makes a little bit of salmon goes a long way. The flavor of the salmon permeates the sauce and the dish tastes like there is way more salmon in it that there is.
What to add to smoked salmon pasta
I like to add arugula or spinach for a fresh green hit. I especially like the peppery hit to the dish of arugula, but spinach works too.
You could add some peas! Or some asparagus spears. Or a tin of artichoke hearts. If you feel like extra chopping some red onion cooked in a little butter is a great addition to the sauce
Which pasta to use?
And any pasta works for this smoked salmon pasta. I love this frilly fettuccine, but linguine, spaghetti, spirals or even shells are perfect.
Don't forget to reserve some of the pasta cooking water! It is the vital ingredient for turning the cream into a heavenly sauce!
For more delicious pasta recipes why not try:
- Garlic Butter Pasta with Garlic Chicken
- Creamy Tomato Chicken Chorizo Pasta
- Creamy Lemon Salmon Pasta
- Shrimp Chorizo Pasta
- Pasta with Chicken Broth and Butter
- Easy Garlic Bacon Pasta
- Creamy Pepper Steak Pasta
- Black Truffle Pasta
- See ALL 60+ Pasta Recipes
Pin this recipe for 5 Ingredient Smoked Salmon Pasta. Pin it here.
5 Ingredient Smoked Salmon Pasta (10 minute supper)
You can change the measurement from US to metric at the bottom of this list
- 14 oz dried pasta
- ⅔ cup heavy cream
- ½ teaspoon dried dill
- salt and white pepper
- 2.5 oz smoked salmon (the trimmings packets are great for this)
- 2 oz arugula/spinach
- Get a big pan of water onto boil ready to cook the pasta.
- Salt it generously and add in your pasta.
- Cook as per the packet instructions.
- Meanwhile chop the smoked salmon into small pieces and set to one side.
- Pour the cream into a frying pan, add in the dill and heat it gently.
- Season with salt and pepper and remove from the heat when it starts to bubble.
- Once the pasta is cooked, reserve ¼ cup of the cooking liquid and then drain it well.
- Add the pasta into the cream along with the smoked salmon and arugula.
- Place over a low heat, then stir and lift until well combined.
- Don't that for too long, you just want the salmon to be warmed through.
- If the pasta starts to look dry then add in a little of the cooking liquid.
- Serve immediately