Just a few simple ingredients is all it takes to make this delicious pasta dinner. This Lemon Pasta With Crispy Basil is vegetarian, so simple to make and ready in 10 minute! Yup, 10 minutes people!!! Come on!!! You just know this lemon pasta is sure to be a hit!
Did you get here because you read 10 minutes on pinterest and couldn’t believe it??? I promise there isn’t a typo!! Hand on heart this dish takes 10 minutes!!! And you don’t even have to be that organised!!! This isn’t a get everything chopped and in small bowls before you start the 10 minutes. This is a walk into the kitchen and start dinner 10 minutes. The only thing I would say is have the kettle boiled before you start as you know what they say about a watched kettle!!
But once the water is boiling you are 10 minutes away from a delicious, delicate and comforting lemon pasta supper.
I suppose the 10 minutes will depend on your pasta!!! I use linguine as it is my favourite and that cooks in just 8 minutes. But follow the instructions on your packet to ensure you aren’t eating crunchy pasta (YUCK ) Just pick a nice easy pasta that cooks in 8-9 minutes and you will be right on track. I suppose you could pick a quick cook pasta but I always find they fall apart a little!! Fresh pasta would be great here and reduce the time to around 5 minutes!!!!
So 10 second run down. We start by frying the basil to make it good and crispy (and so pretty!!), then get the pasta cooking and whilst it is boiling we make the very simple and very delicious sauce. Drain the pasta, mix it all together and serve. Just 10 minutes and you are eating delicious lemon pasta!!!
There aren’t many ingredients in this dish, so you want to make sure the ones you have are the best quality they can be. This means the extra virgin olive oil, the parmesan and the lemons all want to be the best you can afford. Don’t get me wrong, I am not suggesting you spend 20 minutes driving to the best deli you can find (actually mine is 1 hour away!!!) and buy ingredients that will make your simple pasta dish cost more than a meal out!!!!! I do this all with supermarket ingredients, but I buy a good extra virgin olive oil, an aged parmesan and unwaxed lemons. The difference is worth it!!!!
The basil is the perfect topping for this dish, it takes seconds to make but looks beautiful and the flavour works so well with the lemon. You could use sage instead!
This lemon pasta dish is another dish that joins up with my #SundaySupper buddies. This week we are all sharing citrus recipes that will make you smile. I haven’t seen any of the preview pics yet, but some of the titles are making me smile!!!!! Check out the list at the bottom of this post to see the amazing list of recipes on offer!! (p.s there are several cocktails on there that are making my mouth water!)
10 Minute Lemon Pasta With Crispy Basil #SundaySupper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- small handful fresh basil leaves
- 14 oz linguine
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan
- 2 large unwaxed lemons (see notes)
- black pepper
Boil your kettle.
Place a frying pan over a medium high heat and pour in the olive oil. Once it gets hot add in the basil leaves and let them fry for about 10 seconds , flip them carefully and fry for a further 5-10 seconds and then remove them to a piece of kitchen roll. Remove the pan from the heat but don't drain away the oil.
Put your pasta in to a large pan of salted boiling water and cook for 8 minutes (or as directed by your packet) SET A TIMER
Meanwhile make the sauce.
Add the butter to the cooling frying pan, then pour in the extra virgin olive oil. Set aside.
Zest 1 of the lemons (and set the zest to one side) and then cut them both in half and juice them.
Whisk the juice and zest into the olive oil mixture and then mix in the grated parmesan.
Season the sauce with salt and cracked black pepper.
Drain the pasta, reserving 1 cup of the cooking liquid.
Toss the pasta into the lemon sauce, and add the reserved cooking liquid to thin the sauce to your liking (I add about 1/4 of a cup).
Season generous with salt and pepper. Garnish with the crispy basil.
You can use waxed lemons but make sure you wash them well in hot water first (p.s that adds time to this dish!!!)
For more yummy Sunday Supper Citrus Recipes That Will Make You Smile check out the other Sunday Supper Bloggers
(Special thanks you Lisa of Jersey Girl Cooks for hosting)
Sunday Supper Citrus Recipes That Will Make You Smile
- Chocolate Orange Cinnamon Rolls by Caroline’s Cooking
- Creamy Vanilla-Orange Overnight Oats by A Little Fish in the Kitchen
- Key Lime Muffins with Key Lime Glaze by Family Around The Table
- Lemon Donut Holes by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Lemon Poppy Seed Quick Bread by Pies and Plots
- Lemon Ricotta Pancakes by Renees Kitchen Adventures
- Meyer Lemon Olive Oil Muffins by A Kitchen Hoors Adventures
- Orange Chocolate Chip Muffins by Jersey Girl Cooks
- Tiny Batch Blood Orange Marmalade by What Smells So Good?
- 10 Minute Lemon Pasta With Crispy Basil by Sprinkles and Sprouts
- Asian Lemon Chicken by Brunch-n-Bites
- Calamansi Shrimp on Couscous by Asian In America
- Citrus Marinated Chicken Thighs by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Citrus-Glazed Scallops with Chunky Avocado Salsa by The Weekend Gourmet
- Lemon Lime Shrimp Cocktail w/a Citrus Yogurt Dipping Sauce by The Freshman Cook
- Lemon Ricotta Spaghetti with Peas by Cricket’s Confections
- Meyer Lemon Chicken Piccata by Cindys Recipes and Writings
- One Pan Parmesan Lemon Chicken and Asparagus by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Orange Beef by Palatable Pastime
- Easy Instant Pot Orange Chicken by A Mind Full Mom
- Skillet Roasted Lemon Chicken by My Savory Spoon
- Slow Cooked Orange Chicken Breasts by Simple and Savory
- Thai Lime Basil Chicken Stir Fry by Wholistic Woman
- Banana Cake with Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting by Grumpys Honeybunch
- Clementine Pistachio Pomegranate Upside Down Cake by Sunday Supper Movement
- Easy Japanese Lemon Yuzu Bars by The Ninja Baker
- Key Lime Chiffon Pie by Food Done Light
- Lemon & Blueberry Skillet Cake by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Lemon Key Lime Layer Snack Cakes by Crazed Mom
- Meyer Lemon Creme Brulee by Soulfully Made
- Pink Grapefruit Meringue Tart by Baking Sense
- Sittin On a Sandbar Key Lime Pie by Gourmet Everyday
- Starbucks Lemon Loaf Recipe by Life Tastes Good
- The Best Lemon Bars Recipe by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Triple Citrus Macaroon Mascarpone Tart by The Crumby Cupcake
- Triple Lemon Poke Cake by Shaken Together
- Homemade Grapefruit Soda by Hezzi-Ds Books and Cooks
- Pineapple Orange Smoothie by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
- Ruby Red Mimosa by Our Good Life
- Simple Meyer Lemon Margaritas by My Life Cookbook
- Watermelon Limeade by From the Bookshelf
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? Its easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement