Rotisserie Style Roasted Chicken Pieces
These Rotisserie Style Chicken Pieces have crispy skin, delicious moist meat and are so simple you can just throw them in the oven and forget about them. Serve these roasted chicken pieces with potatoes or fries and slaw for a simple midweek meal that the kids will love!
Use the options below to toggle between cups and grams (if relevant)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tsp chicken seasoning
- 1 tsp celery salt
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 4 lb chicken pieces -skin on, bone in (see note 1)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Fresh parsley (for garnish)
Pour the olive oil into a large zip lock bag and then add the chicken seasoning, celery salt, mustard powder and brown sugar.
Smoosh it all about until you have a thick paste.
Add the chicken pieces and squish and squash them into the paste. Seal the bag and keep in the fridge until you are ready to cook.
Pre-heat the oven to 180ºC/350ºF.
Empty the chicken pieces into a large roasting tin and arrange so you have a single layer.
Sprinkle over the sea salt and roast for 40 minutes until the skin is crispy and the chicken is almost falling from the bone.
Garnish with fresh parsley to serve.
- The beauty of this dish is it lends itself to whatever cut of chicken you have in the fridge or whichever cut your family prefers!
- Mixed Roasted Chicken Pieces: Use skin on, bone in mixed chicken pieces (thighs and legs), add the seasonings as per the recipe and roast for 40-50 minutes.
- Roasted Chicken Legs: Use chicken drumsticks or chicken leg quarters, add the seasonings as per the recipe and roast for 40-50 minutes.
- Roasted Chicken Thighs: Use Skin on, bone in chicken tights, add the seasonings as per the recipe and roast for 40-50 minutes.
- Roasted Chicken Breasts: Use skin on chicken breasts (bone in if you can find it), add the seasonings and 1 tablespoon extra oil, roast for 20 minutes.
Calories: 367kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 35g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 186mg | Sodium: 986mg | Potassium: 451mg | Vitamin A: 115IU | Calcium: 28mg | Iron: 1.5mg