Sweet, sticky and delicious. These tray baked sticky sesame chicken meatballs are packed with flavour and bake easily in the oven for a perfect week night meal. Or serve them with cocktails sticks as finger food.
It’s meatball Monday!!! Woooo Hoooo, I love meatballs!!! You probably know that!! I have a whole section on my blog set aside for meatballs.
Usually I talk for several paragraphs about bite sized food!!! But as I am pushed for time today I am just going to leave you with plenty of photos of these fabulous meatballs.
Well not quite, as I do have a couple of things to add – you knew I would 😉
- I made these with chicken mince but they are also delicious with pork mince.
- The sesame seeds at the end are essential 😉 they add such a great flavour boost.
- I served these with some sticky japanese rice and some grilled bok choy, for a really easy meal!
Seriously these are delicious, so delicious that you just have to try them. End of story. Go try them!!!!!
And as promised here’s a plethora of photos to convince you that you need this dish in your life. Go on!!! Your family will love you.
Grab your chopsticks and steal a Sticky Sesame Chicken Meatballs
Sweet, sticky and delicious.
Try them today!!!!
Come play on Pinterest.
Also find me on:
Let’s share the food love and make the world a tastier place 🙂
- 1 tbsp oil - canola/veg/sunflower
- 400 g chicken mince (ground chicken)
- 35 g (1/4 cup) panko
- 2 tsp sesame seeds - I used a mixture of white and black
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- pinch red chilli flakes
- 3 garlic cloves
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) soy sauce
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) mirin
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 80 g (1/4 cup) honey
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- handful fresh coriander
- Preheat oven to 220°C/425°F.
- Pour the oil into a large roasting dish and put it into the oven, to get hot.
- Place the chicken mince, breadcrumbs, sesame seeds, sesame oil, salt, pepper and chilli flakes into a bowl, then crush in the garlic.
- Mix well to combine everything.
- Roll tablespoonfuls of the chicken mixture into balls.
- Remove the dish from the oven and carefully add the chicken balls. Once you have added them all, start back at the beginning and flip them all over.
- Put the dish back in the oven and cook for 5 minutes,
- Mix the soy sauce, mirin, sesame oil, vinegar and honey in a small bowl.
- Remove the dish from the oven, add the sou mixture and shake the tray to coat the meatballs.
- Return to the oven and cook for 12-15 minutes until the sauce is sticky and the meatballs are cooked through.
- Sprinkle the meatballs with sesame seeds and chopped coriander to serve.