This Tarragon and Lemon Butter is beautifully light and fragrant. It adds a wonderful hint of anise to your meal.
Fresh tarragon isn't always easy to find so I use dried tarragon that I soak in a little lemon juice. If you can get fresh tarragon then skip the soaking step and add two tablespoons of the leaves to the processor instead of the dried leaves.
This butter is perfect with a steak, but also totally delicious used as a topping for eggs! Some brioche toast, a softly poached egg and a pat of tarragon and lemon butter. YUM!!!!
If you love this Tarragon and Lemon butter why not check out my whole compound butter collection! There are plenty of buttery flavours to choose from here.
Get the Recipe
Tarragon and Lemon Butter
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon dried tarragon
- 1 shallot
- good grind black pepper
- 125 g /1/2 cup/1 stick butter
- Start by soaking the dried tarragon in the lemon juice.
- Place the shallot in the food processor and give it a good blitz.
- Use a spatula to push the sides down and then add the remaining ingredients.
- Pulse blitz until you have a well combined butter.
- Lay a large strip of cling film out on the bench , spoon the butter into a rough log onto the long edge of the cling film. (It will take up the centre 3rd of the the cling film. Carefully roll the cling film around the butter, then pinch the ends together and keep rolling it tight until you have a nice tight log.
- Tie a quick knot in the ends of the cling film and store it in the fridge.
Nutrition is per serving