This smoked chilli butter is wonderfully rich. It smells A-Maz-Ing!!!! Just look at the colour! Doesn’t it look like something you want to smear all over your steak.
Not that I would save this just for steak, this is delicious on a swordfish steak or to top off some cooked carrots.
If you like your food spicy then up the chilli content. Our chilli flakes here in Australia tend to be quite spicy so I start off with a teaspoon. But go as blow your head off as you dare 😉
If you love this smoked chilli butter why not check out my whole compound butter collection! There are plenty to choose from here.
Smoked Chilli Butter
- 125 g /1/2 cup/1 stick butter
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp dried chilli flakes
- pinch oregano
- Place all the ingredients into the food processor and give it a good blitz.
- Use a spatula to push the sides down and pulse blitz until you have a well combined butter.
- Lay a large strip of cling film out on the bench , spoon the butter into a rough log onto the long edge of the cling film. (It will take up the centre 3rd of the the cling film. Carefully roll the cling film around the butter, then pinch the ends together and keep rolling it tight until you have a nice tight log.
- Tie a quick knot in the ends of the cling film and store it in the fridge.