These Roast Brussel Sprouts are an amazing and delicious side dish that are the perfect side for so many different dishes. The brussel sprouts are simply dressed in olive oil with plenty of salt and pepper, before being roasted to a crisp perfection, then finished with lemon zest and fresh parsley.
FUN FACT: There is a Guinness World Record for most Brussels sprouts eaten in one minute! In 2008 a Swedish man named Linus Urbanec ate 31 brussel sprouts! 31 brussel sprouts in one minute!!!
Bet he didn't roast them!
Quickly Jump to:
How to Roast Brussel Sprouts?
- Have a hot oven (450ºF/230ºC).
- Cut the brussels sprouts in half so all the layers crisp up.
- Dress with olive oil and plenty of salt and pepper.
- Spread them in a even layer on a sheet pan.
- Roast the brussels sprouts for 15-18 minutes.
What can you put on Roast Brussel Sprouts?
After you have try these roast brussel sprouts with lemon and parsley, there are so many different flavour combinations to try:
- Garlic oil and red pepper flakes
- Parmesan and oregano
- Basil pesto
- Crispy bacon and garlic oil
- honey and mustard
Don't these roast brussel sprouts look delicious!
I know what you are thinking.....but brussels sprouts aren't popular, so few people enjoy them.
I know I know, but roasted this underrated vegetable become sweet and smokey and miles away from the soggy boiled brussels of our youth!
We were all told as kids that we had to eat them because they were so healthy.
Are Brussel Sprouts really good for you?
Yes, Brussel sprouts are super good for you! They are high in Vitamin K, Vitamin C and Vitamin A, as well as beta carotene, folic acid, iron, magnesium and fiber.
Super super healthy!!!
Why not pin these Roast Brussel Sprouts with Lemon and Parsley for later. Pin it here
Get the Recipe
Roast Brussel Sprouts with Lemon and Parsley
- 2 lb Brussels sprouts (the small ones are sweetest)
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lemon
- ¼ cup fresh parsley
- Preheat the oven to 450ºF/230ºC.
- Cut the brussel sprouts in half and spread them out over a sheet pan.
- Toss the sprouts with the olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Spread the brussel sprouts in an even layer on a large sheet pan and then roast for 15 to 18 minutes.
- Whilst the sprouts are roasting zest the lemon and then and squeeze the juice from just half the lemon.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with the zest of the lemon.
- Sprinkle with the parsley and lemon juice just before serving.
Nutrition is per serving
Roast Brussel Sprouts with Lemon and Parsley Anecdote
(aka my recipe ramble for those who love the waffle)
I LOVE brussel sprouts! When we were kids we used to have competitions to see who could eat the most!
My kids are not so keen!!! But roasted either with lemon and parsley or with garlic oil they will eat a small portion. I am not going to lie...they are still not their favourite, but they will eat them this way.
It has taken me all afternoon to write this post!!! I think because I am sat watching re-runs of Midsommer Murder and drinking bloody marys. Which makes for a wonderful Sunday afternoon, but not a very productive one 😉
Got to love a good BBC whodunit and a classic cocktail. Since dinner is sorted as I have my BBQ Shredded Pork cooking in the slow cooker, I might go make another.
If you love food why not subscribe to my newsletter, I will drop you an email every now and then, just to say hi and send you a couple of recipes think you might love, like these Roast Brussel Sprouts with Lemon and Parsley.
It isn't everyday! I am not that organised. Usually it is once a week (ish). And as a thank you I will send you my soup cookbook FREE. Full of my fav soups!
Subscribe today 🙂
Signup and get my FREE soup cookbook.
Signup and get my FREE soup cookbook.